Windows Wont Boot After Power Outage

silentnswift

Limp Gawd
Hey, recently a power outage happened in my neighborhood, and all the power went out while I was using my computer. I have a surge protector, and when the power came back on, windows 2000 starts to load and then half way into the loading bar the blue screen of death comes up with "Inaccessible boot disk" or something like that. It asks me to do chdisk and stuff, which I havent tried yet. Also, safe mode refuses to boot also. However, my linux OS (Ubuntu) works fine. Is this a problem with my Windows 2000? Or could it be something that happened to my hard drive? I'm pretty sure it's just Windows because linux still works. Any advice?

silentnswift said:
Hey, recently a power outage happened in my neighborhood, and all the power went out while I was using my computer. I have a surge protector, and when the power came back on, windows 2000 starts to load and then half way into the loading bar the blue screen of death comes up with "Inaccessible boot disk" or something like that. It asks me to do chdisk and stuff, which I havent tried yet. Also, safe mode refuses to boot also. However, my linux OS (Ubuntu) works fine. Is this a problem with my Windows 2000? Or could it be something that happened to my hard drive? I'm pretty sure it's just Windows because linux still works. Any advice?

it almost seems like 2k was corrupted. try and run repair OS from your 2k cd. hopefully that will work

Chkdsk fixes this 90% of the time. I suggest you don't run it from a windows cd though. If you can get to a working computer with a burner, I suggest the base image of BARTpe. http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

It has all kinds of stuff for fixing a pc, including a more intuitive version of chkdsk.

Voidz said:
Chkdsk fixes this 90% of the time. I suggest you don't run it from a windows cd though. If you can get to a working computer with a burner, I suggest the base image of BARTpe. http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

It has all kinds of stuff for fixing a pc, including a more intuitive version of chkdsk.

Downloaded it, and it works like a charm :D Thanks

Back