Windows Vista: Crashes after Sleep when playing Videos

vilhiem

Weaksauce
Here's another strange one, ...

Seems that on my new machine with Windows Vista Ultimate on an AMD Dual Processor with an nVidia 8800, ... if I set the computer on Sleep mode, when it wakes up and I play any kind of video, it crashes. Afterwards (or if I just turn it on), I can play the videos with no crashes.

Any ideas?

Yes, has something to do with unsupported hardware. Not that you bought that computer, you build it. Ill put mine to sleep and play some video right now and tell you if this is universal.

It's driver related on the 8800's....mine will actually BSOD big time if I try to run DreamScene after waking the rig up.

Just don't let it go into "sleep" mode.

LOL

so, what un-supported hardware are you referring to? I am using pretty standard stuff, ... nVidia, AMD, etc.?

I'm gonna bump this cause I'm having a similar problem.

When I wake the computer from sleep (S3), if I try to watch TV on my tuner card, Vista BSODs on me. I haven't actually tried playing a video, but I'll do that next.

EVGA 8800GTS
EVGA NF41 SLi MOBO
Hauppauge PVR-150 tuner card.

If this is the same or related problem that be nice, then at least I'd know whats up :p

Just do not use sleep right now, there is a well known and widely reported issue with coming out of sleep. Mine won't, rather it does, but to a black flashing screen.

Back