Windows task manager/Performance tab

H3d Case

Limp Gawd
When i press ctrl+alt+delete and look at my performance tab my CPU usage bar goes from 0 to 25 to 70 then back to 0 when im not even doing anything. I dont know whats up with this. I do have all the performance counters disabled so idk if that has anything to do with it but here's some screens of it.

1st one
34746754aj8.jpg

2nd
46183019uy5.jpg

and 3rd
15410580cq3.jpg

idk if my CPU performance is really like that or what's going on but i mean my computer runs smoothly and everything. help??

Well it looks like something is starting up because it started with 230MB of RAM usage and jumped up to 235MB. I suggest you check what programs are running in MSCONFIG and maybe get a good spyware scanner to see if something was installed without you knowing...possibly check your logon accounts for windows and make sure all that is in order and that your computer is not being turned into a BOT or ZOMBIE. Also I don't see any sign of a virus scanner so I would advise you grab one unless you don't go online with it.

You can also look at the Processes tab to see what (other than the System idle process) is taking up the CPU time. (just sort by "CPU" so the highest is always at the top)

hmmm ok i looked under the processes and...

System Idle Process under CPU goes from 92 to 94 to 99 and WUSB54GC (which is my linksys wireless adapter) goes from 00 to 98 and 00 to 99. Those are the only two things under CPU that show anything other than 00.

Could the WUSB54GC be what causes it?

One way to find out....turn it off in MSCONFIG...reboot and see what happens...if it goes away then you will know...you will obviously have to turn that back on after. The next step would be to find out what is comming through...Your router must be letting something through to be using system rescources...scan for spyware,trojans,autodialers etc. or programs that self launch straight to an update when booted like quicktime for example has settings that autoupdate...turn all that off.

Back