Windows Small Business Server

the_body90

n00b
I have a dual opteron machine running SBS.
Everything was working fine on our network until we changed the local acces policy.Now, all VPN's are down and all external RDC connections are down.

I can access the server via RDC internally via its IP assdress. However, anything external has failed.

I have confirmed that all local policies allow remote access.
The SBS acting as DHCP and handles all routing. There are no other servers.

The only change that was made was changing a local policy to allow a user to access the server locally.

We were making a mirror image of the server and when we set it up on a new machine, we could not reinstall new drivers for the network because local access was denied.
So we changed this setting by removing the remote access ability on one account. This allowed us local access with that one account.

Now all VPN and external RDC's are down?

Any ideas?

there are a total of 6 desktop client users and 5 mobile VPNS.

From your post, I am going to make an assumption that you are using Routing and Remote Access (RRAS).

1. I would remove the policy that affected the connectivity.

2. I would need to know weather another HW firewall is involved in this. It appears that the ports are not being forwarded properly. Which would explain why you are unable to connect from the outside.

Hope this helps...

the server was assasinated by terrorist viruses. I needed to start over. It even wiped out the Admin account.

the_body90 said:
the server was assasinated by terrorist viruses. I needed to start over. It even wiped out the Admin account.

No backups? No idea how it was infected by a virus?

Back