Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and 2 Max RDP connections

xcamarox

Weaksauce
So, I'm confused. Enterprise Server 2008 says that it supports up to 25 remote users, but it only supports 2 remote connections without turning on the TS Role from the Server Manager.

Now once you turn it on, it says that I have 120 days grace period before it starts asking again for a license.

Now, what would happen after the 120 days, if more than 2 people connect, will I have to buy a 5 pack license for the remote users?

I'm really confused, any takes out there?

TIA.

All versions of Windows Server only allow 2 simultaneous RDP sessions for administration. It's been that way for quite some time.
You've always had to get Terminal Server licenses to get more than that.

I imagine once the grace period runs out, if there are already 2 users logged in, any additional users would get denied with a notice about licensing.

Server 2008 comes with 10 or 25 CALs, which do not equate to Terminal Server/Remote Desktop licenses. CAL is Client Access License.

All versions of Windows Server only allow 2 simultaneous RDP sessions for administration. It's been that way for quite some time.
You've always had to get Terminal Server licenses to get more than that.

I imagine once the grace period runs out, if there are already 2 users logged in, any additional users would get denied with a notice about licensing.

Server 2008 comes with 10 or 25 CALs, which do not equate to Terminal Server/Remote Desktop licenses. CAL is Client Access License.

This.

Sorry op, you gotta run TS/RDP Server for that.

Back