Windows PPTP routing/RRAS

So.. I've had this nagging issue for awhile - it's just an inconvenience, but to the point of getting frustrating.

Here is my issue -

#1 - My box -> WIN PPTP box -> Network A works fine.
#2 - My box -> WIN PPTP box -> Network A -> Network B doesn't work.

I can make #2 work by changing my VPN connection to use the remote gateway.

This SUCKS when I have to connect in and out of that client as it resets all of my local connections.

What config am I missing... either on my box (Win7) or the PPTP server (2k3) to make it work without setting the "Use Default Gateway on remote network" check box....

edit: in RRAS, I do have a static route from network A to network B setup with network A's router/gateway. The router/gateway is PFSense 2.0.1

Last edited:
You have a route statement on your box that says to get to network b through network a? It's probably trying to get to network b through your local router which is saying I have no idea bro.

How do I create a route statement on my box that points to a DHCP VPN connection?

I get the route add xxx mask subnet gateway part of it.. but, is there a smart way to point it at a PPTP vpn connection?

Or beyond that... to make it smart enough for everyone who VPN's in to get to the other network without having to run "route add" ? - config in RRAS?

Back