Windows or my hardware?

exe163

[H]ard|Gawd
I often find windows disconnect my usb hub. I can't find any solution to fix it. Sometimes, my keyboard and mouse are powered yet I cannot control it in windows and I get a bubble saying USB device not reconignized. Half the time reconnect multiple times fixes the problem, and the other half require rebooting using my backup keyboard. Often, I get disconnected for 5 seconds then reconnect back, this happens mostly when I have my iphone connected to my USB hub.

Both of my hubs use external power and are 1 to 7. I am using Windows 7 Pro, though this happened also during the vista days and even with different hubs.

Seems like the hubs.

Same rig during Vista? Does connecting the mouse and keyboard straight up to the motherboard resolve connection issues? Try it so we can rule out components.

I would love to isolate the problem also but I can't reproduce this problem since it happens irregularly. Thought the last time it happened was right after I exit sleep mode. Neither my keyboard nor my mouse which were connected to the hub then to the mobo draws power nor respond to my commands. I have tried reconnect the USB hub to mobo many times and nothing happens. Then I used a backup keyboard to reboot my machine. Upon reboot, everything works perfectly again. I cannot connect my main keyboard and mouse directly to the mobo because the cables are not long enough.

If your getting the error 'usb device not reconized', 9 times out of 10 it's a bad device.

Back