Windows Meida Creation tool questions

Ayoralyn

Limp Gawd
Hello!

I have my old PC with a Windows 10 Pro on it, upgraded from a Windows 7 Ultimate edition. I want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 pro.

Now to do this, I want to make a USB flash drive with the installation files on it. I've been looking for somewhere to download Windows 10 Pro, either legal or illegal (I have a legit key for it), but so far to no avail for some reason. So I started looking into if I could download it from Microsoft itself, turns out a few articles said I could, but the links they send me to is for this Media Creation Tool. So I downloaded it on my new computer that is running a retail key of Windows 10 Home edition. Now when I run this program, I get to the select language, architecture and edition. The editions I can choose from is Windows 10, Windows 10 Home Single Language, and Windows N. My question is if I'm supposed to use the "Windows 10" option, since ther's no pro option given to me, or is this a complete waste of itme for me, since I'm creating it from a Home edition install?

Thanks in advance!

Choose Windows 10, there is no Pro option. It will install Pro based on the key you use to activate.

You can also do a Reset under Settings -> Updates & Security -> Recovery

Hello!

The editions I can choose from is Windows 10, Windows 10 Home Single Language, and Windows N. My question is if I'm supposed to use the "Windows 10" option, since ther's no pro option given to me, or is this a complete waste of itme for me, since I'm creating it from a Home edition install?

I'm actually surprised at the number of people who do not read the ONE SENTENCE above the dropdown.

This might come as a surprise to you, but what sentence and what drop down?
If you use the tool, it just downloads an ISO without asking the version, because it will either pick based on the key you enter, or do *this*.

If you get the ISO directly without the tool, it also tells you. Tech Bench
"Windows 10 editions below are valid for both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Professional."

If you use the tool, it just downloads an ISO without asking the version, because it will either pick based on the key you enter, or do *this*.

If you get the ISO directly without the tool, it also tells you. Tech Bench
"Windows 10 editions below are valid for both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Professional."

Okay I see. For the tool itself, I never got the screen that you linked to. I got the choices as I wrote in my first message, and it was made clear nowhere in the tool that Windows 10 Pro was the "Windows 10" option. But I don't know if it's because I was actually using the tool from a Windows 10 system. It doesn't make sense if that's the case, but I got the impression that the thing I downloaded was sort of specific to Windows 10 installs. And it didn't look anything like the previous versions of the tool I've used.

And for your second link, I never even found that particular site. I wish I did, because that was exactly what I was looking for. I googled it several times, I found articles that told me I could download the ISO's, but they all linked to the Media Creation Tool. So I just assumed that they had removed the option, and maybe they were just downloaded directly through the tool itself.

Back