Windows Media Player Error (C00D109B)

.shane

n00b
Hello, recently I upgraded to Windows Media Player 10. Tonight, I was one of the first times I have actually tried using the program.

I downloaded an mpeg movie file. I'm unsure of the codec it's encoded with. However, when I try to play it in WMP, I get the error:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found."

When I click the button to view more info on the web, it says it's the C00D109B error. I have searched, and searched Google and still can't find a solution to this problem. I found one thing where it suggested to "uncheck" the "search for new codecs" box in WMP. I tried that, and no luck on that one either. :confused:

Thanks a lot for your time! :)

Tried playing the file in another program such as DivX?

If you've just downloaded the mpg, it could be that it is corrupt.

theDot said:
Tried playing the file in another program such as DivX?

If you've just downloaded the mpg, it could be that it is corrupt.
Yes, I've tried viewing it in DivX player as well. I got the following error:

"Error Opening File:

Failed to open file. Please check that it is a valid AVI file or MPEG-4 file."

I may very well be missing some codecs. I'm not sure. I just re-formatted my computer and re-installed Windows a few weeks ago. I'm pretty new to video, and codecs so I don't know too much about all of this.

Do you know somewhere that I could download a .mpg video clip, or file to see if it would play in WMP?

Back