Windows Media Player alternative?

raglafart

Limp Gawd
I'm running 7 professional with Media Player 12
With the loss of some of the functionality I'm looking to find a replacement. Something that will catalogue all the music I've put together over the last 20 odd years.
I tried VLC but it was just a massive long list?
Any suggestions?

Lol... I thought this post was from like 2007.. Wow, I didn't even know people used Media Player 10 years ago, let alone now.

Most use iTunes, which works great, but I use fubar, like mentioned above.

Tried foobar - going back to Winamp. I'm not going to "fix" what's NOT broken.

I should maybe have given a bit more details.
I'm an old fart just about to turn 67
I got used to Media Player from the early days.
I like the way you can have small pics of the album covers and various elements you can save against a given track.
I play blues harp so I list the key of the required harps used on a given track.
Here's an example of some of my saved music;

I use JRiver media center. It costs a little, but it supports everything I have thrown at it.

Oh yeah, I should mention for everything that isn't exclusively audio. I use PLEX. I've been a PLEX pass user for years and I love how it tags all my media not to mention the ability to play that media on ALL* of my devices, and many of my friends devices, simultaneously.

https://www.plex.tv/

There's a reason I have 40TB of media files. ;)

I just really don't like how it handles music categorization. That's purely on me, as I prefer album over artist as most of my media is from multiple artists.

*Except for my Switch. =(

Back