Windows Media Center 2005 vs XP pro

camay123

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

At the ofice, we have a win98 computer with two video card. An AGP with no tv-out and a Pci radeon 9250 with Tv-out. The AGP is used for the monitor, with the PCI as a flat panel television hook up to it.

We are trying to display DVD/movies on the tv-out in full screen, and still use the computer via the monitor to do other task. So far , no luck, because DVD software will only play in full screen on the monitor and not the tv-out television.

We would also like to keep th control on the regular monitor (like play, stop, forward)

We will be upgrading this PC from 98SE to WinXP.

My Question is, would it be any help to get Windows Media Center instead of Windows Xp professionnal ?

Regards,
Patrick

No benefit. MCE is just XP with a media player program added. To fix your video problem, make the card with S-Video out the Primary display.

also, what software are you usign to play the dvd? I seem to remeber some having restrictions about TV-out back in the day.

IDversusEGO said:
also, what software are you usign to play the dvd? I seem to remeber some having restrictions about TV-out back in the day.

I have tried PowerDVD and DVD X Player.

do you have ati drivers installed ?

There's an option in there to change the way movies play on TV's.

Back