windows mce sata question

zerogt86

Gawd
Over the weekend, im going to be installing Windows MCE 2005 on my comp to take better advantage of my tv card, but i just realised that i left my floppy with the sata drivers for my mobo at home (im at school). Does anyone know if MCE 2005 has built in sata drivers, or am i gonna have to make my own image with the drivers added?

It will work the same way XP Pro does. If that had drivers, MCE will. If you needed the floppy before, you'll need it again.

I'll look into that nlite program, but here's another question ive got for all of you. Right now I've got my 160 sata partitiond into a 60 (for the OS) and the rest is for media. I've also got a 100 gb ide drive, and now my 320gb sata. I think it may just be easier and cleaner for me to format my 160gb sata back to one partition and then use both the sata drives as media / storage drives, and then install MCE on my 100gb and call it a day. My only concern is that because its an ata 100 drive with only 2mb of cache, it may hurt the performace of the machine (relative to the 160gb sata with 8mbs of cache)... do you guys think there would be a noticable difference on the machine?

Back