Windows Live Messenger Video Chat/Phone

TIMEZONE

Limp Gawd
Right now I'm using the latest Windows Live Messenger (MSN) and lately I have been using video chat (webcam) and the phone (computer)...and I was wondering is it free? THANKS:)

i just wanted to make sure if I were to use the phone from computer to computer through international is it still free? how about video chat through international? PLEASE...i really need to know. THANKS in advance.

Are you talking about cellphones? You need to contact your service provider and ask them. Some of them charge data air time. Some of them have hourly limits per month. Some of them are unlimited to a certain point (ie; 5gb limit with Verizon per month).

Sending an IM to your phone is considered data traffic over your phone. You won't get charged by Microsoft. But you might get charged by your cell provider.

AOL Instant Messenger has the same feature called IM Forwarding.

i just wanted to make sure if I were to use the phone from computer to computer through international is it still free? how about video chat through international? PLEASE...i really need to know. THANKS in advance.

Computer to computer is free, but only if you and the person who you will be speaking to is using msn to commuincate. but if you are gunna do that then you are best just using the voice chat feature.

Computer to landline or cellphone = £££/$$$$

Basically, if you plan to speak to someone and both of you are speaking to each other via a pc and not an actual telephone then it costs no money.

BTW, skype is much much much better than msn for phonecalls, much better clarity and also like msn it is free for computer to computer calls but charges really really cheap for computer to landline or cellphone. Also computer to computer calls anywhere in the world is free.

I use msn for chat but for everything else msn sucks dogshit.

O...hmm...just to make, make sure...here is a picture of what I'm taking about below.
picture.jpg

So the option from computer to computer is free through international! Right? How about the option to the left? (VIDEO CHAT)-webcam

and what do you mean by computer to landline or cellphone? thanks

ya the same as everybody else. having a modem and a router. lol why? ihavedslifthatmatters.

Not the same as everybody else. Cable? DSL? Dial Up? Satellite? Cellphone?

THAT is where the difference comes in. If you DO NOT pay for the amount of data transferred, then it is free. But if you DO pay for your internet service based on the amount of DATA that is transferred, then you are being charged, indirectly.

Edit: Sorry, I just skimmed the jumbled up sentence at the end of your post. So the answer is no, you won't be charged.

I won't be charged right? I'm using AT&T SBC DSL 3MEG. This is making me worrying...please reconfirm this.

and what do you mean by computer to landline or cellphone? thanks
That means using your computer to call a cell phone or a landline, in which it would probably have a cost associated with it. Skype and other services like it can do this, but for a fee.

Back