Windows Home Server Issues.

Fritzz

[H]ard|Gawd
Getting an error when I initially boot up my WHS. The login screen will appear and a couple minutes later the error will pop up. "At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the even log for details." I look in the event log and there is absolutely no errors in there. Device manager has no errors. When I hit ok on the error message my network connection comes back on my WHS. Leads me to believe it's the NIC on the mobo, but hard to pin it down if I can't get find out where exactly it's starting.

My mobo is an Asus P5QL-CM, it has express gate, disabled that. Also has an AI net2 which is suppose to detect the network connection while in the boot process, disabled that too. Like I said, updated drivers. No errors in the device manager. I even disabled indexing on the WHS.

There have been times when I was streaming a movie to another PC, and I would lose the connection. At that point would take a look at the WHS and would see that the error had popped up. Hit Ok, and would get back my connection.

Not exactly sure what is going on here and hoping someone can shed some light on the subject.

Machine specs:
Asus P5QL-CM
Intel e5200
2GB Crucial Ballistix RAM
1 x 500GB WD System Drive
2 x 1TB WD Green Drives
Switch is a D-link DGS-2208

I had this problem as well; mine was caused by my RAM not receiving adequate voltage.

Corrected in BIOS, went away.

Good luck!

had the same problem, also with crucial ballistix 2gb kit (1066mhz) and the up in voltage fixed it.....2 months later the ram died, was very sad but the funeral was nice.

New RAM looks like everything is working now. Bumped up to 2 x 2GB Crucial RAM.

New issue though.

I am trying to run TVersity on my WHS for streaming and transcoding my files to my PS3. I can't seem to keep the TVersitymediaserver service running. I go to manually start it and it fails. I set it to log on with the administrator account, and it still will not initialize and stay running. Everything runs fine on my Vista machine, just not on the WHS.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
I get that error on occasion. I've just ignored it. No issues have a arisen as a result.

Back