Windows Feedback Program - Free Vista/Office 2007 - UPDATE!!!

The surveys were completely optional.

The only stated requirement was that you run the Windows Feedback Panel software for three months.

I think I got one survey at the end of February. Hell I didn't even run the software from Decmeber 12th- early February because I though I'd missed the deadline to register. Then I get an email saying that I entered the program early enough, but they weren't getting any data from me. So I reinstalled the app and a month later I get a message saying that had completed the requirements to receive the free software I'd chosen (Vista Ultimate).

Now that I have two Vista Ultimate licenses, I have know idea what to do with them since I already have Vista on the machines I want it on.

Got my Vista Ultimate today just finished installing it...I'm in Diamond Bar, CA

If this has been answered already then I apologize for asking it again but...

Do the discs have SP1 integrated?

Got mine in here in South Carolina yesterday. :D

No SP1? That's odd. Oh, well - I am just stoked that I can install 64 bit Vista Ultimate on two different machines using the two different keys. :D

No love yet here in NC :(

Hoping it'll be in the mailbox this afternoon when I get home.

No SP1? That's odd. Oh, well - I am just stoked that I can install 64 bit Vista Ultimate on two different machines using the two different keys. :D

it's just not slipstreamed to the install, they started this program way back in november, so SP1 wasn't even a twinkle in bill gates eye yet. they probably got all the discs/keys that people were returning throughout the year. i make myself lol

You can 'find' retail SP1 DVD's around the net if you know where to look, and I believe you are entitled to one backup copy per the license terms. ;)

Got some love in MI today, between this and the heros happen here event I'm set

my copies showed up today :). question though, they send both 64 and 32 bit bit versions, each with their own key....does this mean that i can legally use both copies on 2 different machines, or are the keys linked somehow?

my copies showed up today :). question though, they send both 64 and 32 bit bit versions, each with their own key....does this mean that i can legally use both copies on 2 different machines, or are the keys linked somehow?

No, the keys are not linked. You now own TWO Windows Vista Ultimate Edition licenses.

Either key can be used with the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate.

You may install both copies with both keys on 2 different PC's simultaneously.

:)

No, the keys are not linked. You now own TWO Windows Vista Ultimate Edition licenses.

Either key can be used with the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate.

You may install both copies with both keys on 2 different PC's simultaneously.

:)

this is indeed awesome :D. would it be legal to sell off a copy? ebay? i think i read somewhere that it needs to be sold with a piece of hardware....but newegg sells the same types of install discs, correct?

edit: guess i answered my own question again.. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1288933

question 2: would it be legal to sell a copy?

Absolutely NOT. Look at the left side of the disc just above the DVD logo and you will see printed plainly "Not for resale". This means it is against the terms of the license agreement to sell these copies of Windows Vista. Not by themselves, not with 'hardware', not at all.

That will stop about 1% of people from actually doing it, though....

Ebay is on the lookout for these already and will cancel your auctions and/or take action agsinst your account if you try to repeatedly sell these.

gotcha :) thanks blue falcon. guess i need to start upgrading some rigs to run vista, i would hate to have a legit copy sitting around collecting dust! :D

this question keeps getting asked... it's getting kinda lame in this thread.

lame that the question is asked / answered

and even more lame that i haven't gotten my copies yet!

Absolutely NOT. Look at the left side of the disc just above the DVD logo and you will see printed plainly "Not for resale". This means it is against the terms of the license agreement to sell these copies of Windows Vista. Not by themselves, not with 'hardware', not at all.

They can write anything they want to discourage it. It's not illegal for them to write that, but it does not void the first sale doctrine. It is legal to resell, whether it says NFR or not, but companies will sometimes bully people doing it. The first sale doctrine has specifically been used to defend against selling computer software in the past. It's not allowed here because a company can sue you and it will cost so much money to defend that you might get screwed over even if you're in the right.

They can write anything they want to discourage it. It's not illegal for them to write that, but it does not void the first sale doctrine. It is legal to resell, whether it says NFR or not, but companies will sometimes bully people doing it. The first sale doctrine has specifically been used to defend against selling computer software in the past. It's not allowed here because a company can sue you and it will cost so much money to defend that you might get screwed over even if you're in the right.
Good luck w/ that.

BTW, received my copy yesterday.

I just got my Vista copies in today. I'm pretty happy that theres two disks too to put on different computers. Are these the OEM or Retail version though?

Got my copy today. That will reduce the cost a bit when I finally bite the bullet and build a new PC, or if I need an emergency OS install on hand.

There's love in NC now :)

Kinda excited about this. Anyone able to run ultimate well with just 2gb of ram, or do you think 4gb is really necessary?

There's love in NC now :)

Kinda excited about this. Anyone able to run ultimate well with just 2gb of ram, or do you think 4gb is really necessary?
Vista manages available memory far better than its predecessor, but I'd still certainly recommend 4GB over 2GB.

Just got my copy of Vista Ultimate today. I'm in northwest Indiana.

Guess I'll be reformatting next weekend when I have a chance to back up all my schoolwork and whatnot.

Just got my copy of Vista Ultimate today. I'm in northwest Indiana.

Guess I'll be reformatting next weekend when I have a chance to back up all my schoolwork and whatnot.

[H]obart eh? Guess my copy should arrive at my family's house today then too, moved and didn't change the address for where it was to be delivered.

/ex Portage resident, I don't miss Indiana at all.

WOOO I got mine finally :D

Gotta love MS for giving out two licenses. Thats pretty amazing. I've been using that free 30 day trial of vista x64 for like 4 months now (you know the rearming thing that allows 90 extra days) so I'll finally have a legit OS. Also my notebook gets to upgrade from home basic to ultimate.

Awesome.

Same here, except for a Celeron M 520.

I upgraded from that processor to a T2300 in my notebook. Makes a world of difference. Although I was pretty damn impressed with the celly but the fact that it doesn't have speedstep really kills battery life was the major reason I upgraded.

Back