windows corruption when updating 1903 on every laptop

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
four different laptops same issue.Every time I update windows 1903 and run SFC scannow I get corrupted files errors. Then I have to run DISM. Then I have to run SFC a second time only it fixes the new corrupted files okay. This is on an AMD Ryzen mobile X360 R5 2500U w 16gb, a Surface Go w 615 UHD, 8gb version, An I7 7700 with 3GB 1060 and 24 GB and Finally an I7 8750 RTX 2060 w 16gb of ram. WTF is going on here?

why are you running sfc? is there issues after the update? how are you installing the update?

I just ran SFC occasionally to check the systems when I found this problem. I don't have the corruption UNTIL after the windows update.. Update is causing the corruption somehow....every time. I did not have this problem on 1809... I have to run DISM then SFC a second time. SFC again finds errors but this time SFC fixes it, then I am okay until the next windows 10 weekly update I install and around we go again. I don't have a clue why. And yes all my updates on all four laptops are up to date even on the AMD fine since drivers are official now...... I also run Malwarebyte Premium along with Windows Defender.. I mean it does this on AMD, Intel, and Nvidia laptops all four laptops are stable no overclocking or undervolting, no hacks.... something weird going on here. that's why I posted here

maybe malware byte messing with updates, idk. but I would stop messing with it unless you are actually experiencing issues.

I'm not messing with anything, the files should not be corrupt in the first place. And if the files were okay why does using DISM and SFc scannow fix them if they are okay. I have don't have any file corruption at any other time.. And wouldn't Malwarebytes flag or warn me if there were some security issue.? I don't like unknowns like this. Corruption could cause a system failure at any time. You don't run your car with the check engine light on...... I'm going to uninstall Malwarebytes and see if that fixes it on the next windows update. I am betting it won't make a difference.... Could call MS support ha ha, but they would just say refresh or reinstall windows somewhere there is an answer... Well.At least the machines os works fine after the fixes... I never have standard problems always the weird ones..... Hey thanks for your input,though. I really miss the old Hardocp......

You don't run your car with the check engine light on
actually I do because I know exactly what its telling me and I dont care about emissions. what I was saying is maybe Malwarebytes is fucking something up. maybe the sfc isn't recognizing the updated files. maybe you dont need to be running sfc for no reason in the first place. as in what prompted you to do it? or did you do it for fun? you would have got the same thing on the "old [H]ardOCP"...

Not to take sides, but you did skip answering an important part of the question. Are you running all of these on the same network? Are you trying to install the update from Windows Update? Have you tried using the Media Creation Tool?

There is some commonality that's causing the issue. What other software, if any, is present on all four? Have you tried removing Malwarebytes before performing the upgrade? 1903 has been, by far, the easiest upgrade for me. Aside from all of the home systems I manage, our users, even on a domain, aren't experiencing any issues.

I used to have issues on some old computers with trying to get 1803, but 1809 and 1903 have been painless and a breeze.

How are the updates being run, and what AV is running?

I had this issue on an Apex X/i7-8086k system on two different drives that I updated windows 10 on. I was experiencing issues, but those were related to the buggy 2003 asus bios, not windows 10...

The fact that Windows update has corrupted an install isn't the part of this thread that surprises me...

...What surprises me is the fact that SFC actually picked something up. You should buy a lottery ticket. ;)

think i have pretty much same laptop on 1903.....i dont recall any issues with it so i never bothered to scan.....idk i can check and see if mine passes with zero corrupted files

Back