Windows constantly crashing

Bennyb

2[H]4U
So, I've always had a problem with my computer crashing randomly, but it's never been tha tmuch of a problem that i've seen fit to go about fixing it... until now.

The newest world of warcraft patch just came out, and during the installation my computer crashed... Sigh... So I had to revert back to an earlier game version. I downloaded an updater to get the game back up to where it had been BEFORE the newest patch, but it refuses to get past about 23% on the updater...

Every time I try it either freezes the computer completely, or just restarts.

It gives me an error code, that when I looked it up, said that there was a device driver issue... something like an older driver version or something. I ran all the updates I could get on the windows updater, but it is still having this problem... help?

does your computer crash randomly when only playing wow?

you could try using an older driver for your video card. roll back the driver and see if it helps.

Try uninstalling your video drivers completely, and run driver cleaner, and re-install the drivers.

Ok, I will try that... But this is an issue with installing the patch... could the video card affect something like that?

Weird...

I also just tried moving the files from one harddrive to another, still the same issue.

Do you have an nforce 4 mother board if so the newest driver 6,86 seems to lock up the computer if there is an cd in a drive and if it trying read it when an installer is running.
I had to roll back the ide drivers to stop this problem on my computer so I could install some new games I had bought so my computer would stop crashing to blue screen.

Bennyb said:
Ok, I will try that... But this is an issue with installing the patch.
Yes, this issue is, but remember your computer randomly crashes, which isn't normal. I'm sure this new issue stems from the original problem.

At least try the driver clean and reinstall. What happens when your computer crashes? Do you get a BSoD? With my old video card ('old' in both ways), it would get stuck in a loop and crash with a BSoD. It would happen randomly, usually once every couple days. I also noticed how my fairly graphically-intense screensaver wouldn't always run smoothly, so I changed my screensaver. It helped a little, but my video card still crashed my computer.

I wiped my display drivers and installed the newest ones, and that helped quite a bit, but my computer still crashed from time to time. Finally I got a new video card and it doesn't crash anymore, typically.

Back