[windows.com] Pushing the 12K PC Gaming Boundary at 1.5 Billion Pixels per Second

Final8ty

Gawd
PC gaming is all out extreme performance and eye-popping visuals. DirectX games on Windows are always pushing the boundaries of the latest graphics hardware and software technology that will bring things ?to the next level?. In this article I?m going to share with you an amazing set of experiences that I recently had pushing the boundaries of 4K multi-mon gaming with several Sharp PN-K321 4K Ultra HD displays that I had on loan for a short period of time. I?ll start with some scenarios that have been tested before and then walk through a technology demonstration and collaboration that I worked on with AMD to see how far we could push things. Let?s just say this was an intense experience!

Ever since I had my first taste of 4K resolution gaming on Windows 8 (which you can read about here) I?ve been wanting to explore some additional related scenarios. First, I was thinking it would be awesome to try 4K multi-mon gaming. Second, I wanted to see how the 4K gaming experience would change when the screen refresh rate was pushed from 30 Hz to 60 Hz. Finally, I thought it would be amazing if I could push a tri-mon 4K setup to 60 Hz. Things were about to get real interesting.

ReadMore including pics and video.
http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/...oundary-at-1-5-billion-pixels-per-second.aspx

In case anyone is wondering why he used 7970s and not 780s/Titans, it's because nVidia drivers don't support 2x1 and 2x2 screen setups in Surround. So, no 4k@60Hz unless nV has whitelisted your 4k screen's EDID.

Back