Windows clean-up software

Malikman

[H]ard|Gawd
hey i feel like my windows is "bloated" and i want to clean it up a bit.. i've done disk management and delteed a paritiotn that was empty but i'm not sure how i can throw it back onto the C: drive with disk management and my partition magic won't runfor some reason.

I have spybot and ad-aware but is there like any other good reliable cleaners i could use at the moment??

I run system mechanic every once in a while, but I swear its killed a few laptop hard drives of mine. Just dont use the "fix surface errors" BS.

any ideas on putting some unallocated space back onto my main C drive?? partition magic isn't runing.. it says partition's drive letter cannot be identitifed init failed:error 117

+1 for CCleaner, great app.
You might want to give GParted a try with your formatting issues. I use it all the time, and like it alot better than partition magic. Plus, it's free.

hey i downlaoded gparted liveCD and then i trebooted and it booted in but eventualy it said it had an error.. i don't know what the error was but is ther antoher wayt o try gparted wthin windows or is it a program that you must boot with cd?

You have to run it from a cd, so it can have full acess to your drive.
Burn the iso image using this, and boot from the cd.

Almost all problems with GParted can be traced back to a bad image.

autoclave or dban the hard disk and start fresh, you messed bad the partitions

oldmx

i can't fix them yet... i'd have to wait till june... im' in college and have i stuff/games etc on here it would be a bitch to redo at the moment.

Back