Windows boots up with the detection of my flash drive everytime

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
So back from 2014 to today, I have a USB 3.0 flash drive connects to the back of my old PC. Each time windows 7 boot up, it does NOT show an mesg. of Windows Explorer saying Drive G is USB 3.0 drive etc. That's an Asus dual CPU motherboard

Switching over to a new PC, I still have the USB flash drive plug in at the back of the new PC. But w/ this new Asus motherboard, w/ the same OS win 7, on each boot up, it says drive G is USB 3.0 flash drive.

why is this mesg. keep showing up?

Normally if you plug in, say an external hard drive, or a USB drive, while you are using windows, there is a mesg. telling you there is a new drive. But I never get that mesg. if the drive is already embedded on my PC and turn on the PC right afterwards.

It's difficult to understand exactly what you are asking, or what problem you are having.

Why is it a problem that the new motherboard shows a message identifying the drive as a USB 3.0 drive?

Yes it's true that if the USB drive is already plugged in before you boot up, you usually won't get a message after boot saying that the drive has been inserted - because it was already inserted before boot. Again, why is this an issue? Or, what is your concern about this exactly?

Without knowing exactly what your concern is, I'll take a stab anyway and just say that on older boards, in many cases USB 3.0 ports were handled by 3rd party controllers while the USB 2.0 ports were handled directly via the chipset. On newer boards, both the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports are handled by the chipset. So the differences you are observing might simply be as a result from having switched from a board that used a 3rd party USB 3.0 controller to a board that uses a native USB 3.0 controller, which in some cases can have better integration with the rest of the system at the BIOS level and give you better results when booting from attached drives.

so that's what this is. I never know that.

I also have an extra USB 3.0 port attachment that I bought separately. This guy:

https://www.newegg.ca/p/181-00WC-00...3.0 to motherboard-_-181-00WC-00002-_-Product

Right now, my USB 3.0 flash drive is connected to the motherboard, but I can move it to the above, assuming it's the same speed and performance and accuracy

And to answer your question, it's just annoying, that ea. time I turn on the PC, I have click that Windows explorer pop up off.

With things like Audio CD, you can select "No Action", but w/ USB flash drive, windows explorer has to give me that mesg.

so that's what this is. I never know that.

I also have an extra USB 3.0 port attachment that I bought separately. This guy:

https://www.newegg.ca/p/181-00WC-00002?Description=usb 3.0 to motherboard&cm_re=usb_3.0 to motherboard-_-181-00WC-00002-_-Product

Right now, my USB 3.0 flash drive is connected to the motherboard, but I can move it to the above, assuming it's the same speed and performance and accuracy

And to answer your question, it's just annoying, that ea. time I turn on the PC, I have click that Windows explorer pop up off.

With things like Audio CD, you can select "No Action", but w/ USB flash drive, windows explorer has to give me that mesg.
You don't have to click it, it will disappear after a few seconds. Your OCD is the only problem here :)
If you want an OS you can control yourself, switch to linux.

Autoplay pop-ups don't go away for me automatically. That's really odd.

Back