Windows bootdisk CDROM?

Im not sure if this is what your talking about, but I use UBCD to boot and fix things. Head over here to their forum on UBCD4Win. Some pretty good info.

the simple answer is yes..I've made them on floppy..cdrom..usbflash drives

I've made a bootable CD-Rom using an image of a bootable floppy disk.
I open Roxio easy media creator, make CD bootable, floppy disk emulation, generate image from floppy disk.

I appreciate the replies. My floppy controller seems to be dead and I need to flash my bios.

Ive used winflash a couple times to flash my bios in windows. Alot of people dont like it, but ive never had a problem with it.

PaHick said:
Ive used winflash a couple times to flash my bios in windows. Alot of people dont like it, but ive never had a problem with it.
I've done it that once. If you have boot block and or dual BIOS it should be faily safe.

PaHick said:

Never heard of it, but I will check into it.

theseeker said:
Never heard of it, but I will check into it.
Check the web site for your motherboard. They should have a link to download the program to flash your BIOS from windows. What it's called depends on who made your mobo.

alphanumeric said:
Check the web site for your motherboard. They should have a link to download the program to flash your BIOS from windows. What it's called depends on who made your mobo.
Thanks, I will look it up.

I used Roxio as instructed, but something is still wrong. The boot image I have is from Bootdisk I found on the net. I installed to a floppy on my laptop and copied that to the CD. When I boot up it begins to resd the CD but all I get a flashing Underscore on my screen. Does any one have a good bootfile for Win 95 or 98? Or I am doing something else wrong? :confused:

theseeker said:
I used Roxio as instructed, but something is still wrong. The boot image I have is from Bootdisk I found on the net. I installed to a floppy on my laptop and copied that to the CD. When I boot up it begins to resd the CD but all I get a flashing Underscore on my screen. Does any one have a good bootfile for Win 95 or 98? Or I am doing something else wrong? :confused:

Did you just copy the files to the CD or did you use floppy disk emulation? Just copying the files to the CD won't make it a bootable CD.

Back