Windows Blue Update Leaks Out

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Rumored to be deployed sometime this summer, the major update and partial do-over of Microsoft’s disappointing operating system has made an appearance on the Internet. There hasn’t been much information on the total update, but the video gives a little more insight into what can be expected.

So... according to this video (in order)
Same shit UI,
The same IE, this time numbered 11,
Some crap new backgrounds for the junky UI in the same junky style,
Same ugly looks,
Same useless disjointed system,
Integration with "cloud" junk so MS have more access to your files,
Keeping of the stupid touch sliders for a mouse interface,
Maybe even more touch based crap,
Same Metro junk
Same shit store,

It's still Windows 8... this time it's a service pack with a service pack, but apparently they haven't removed as many features...

More and more MS just don't get why people think their products are getting worse and worse. If they listened to what people actually wanted, maybe they'd be much more successful, with 8, they decided that they'd ignore all feedback and just do what they thought was best. They are just continuing down this path with their eyes closed. Hoping they get to wherever they dreamt they will end up. Seems more likely they shall be tumbling down a cliff. :p

Just installed this on my x220t convertible tablet. Looks like they made some pretty major changes in this regard, multiple Metro apps can run across multiple monitors and up to four can run on a single screen if it's wide enough and there's a 50/50 split. The Start Screen is a good bit more customizable as well, creating groups is much easier.

Just installed this on my x220t convertible tablet. Looks like they made some pretty major changes in this regard, multiple Metro apps can run across multiple monitors and up to four can run on a single screen if it's wide enough and there's a 50/50 split. The Start Screen is a good bit more customizable as well, creating groups is much easier.

Wow, four simultaneous applications. That puts my 486 with MS-DOS 6 to shame!

So you are giving them praise for adding back windows 3.0 functionality? :D

What benefit does multi monitor applications add to their core userbase of tablet users? :p

With time between now and the actual release so there's still the potential that some aspects of the OS will be changed. As it sits, it does seem like what Microsoft would previously have provided as a service pack under their previous operating systems. Running multiple Metro apps was something that should have made it into Win8 though. Modern computers are all able to multitask so there was no excuse. That said, I haven't found many reasons to use a Metro app so until software catches up, multitasking with them isn't a big deal.

Oh wow, 4 windows at once. Now Mcrosoft is reimplementing features found in Windows 1.0! Maybe the next version of Windows will add support for Windows 2.0's messy windows design and Apple will sue them again.
kcfkIMI.png

what's the difference between IE10 and IE11?...same browser with a different name?

usually MS takes years in between new IE versions so its surprising to see them jump from 10 to 11 so quickly...it's like they want to erase Windows 8 from everyone's memory so they are doing a complete do-over...I don't even understand what Windows Blue is supposed to mean...is it Windows 8 SP1?...very strange tactic from MS

even Windows ME didn't get this type of makeover so quickly

usually MS takes years in between new IE versions so its surprising to see them jump from 10 to 11 so quickly...it's like they want to erase Windows 8 from everyone's memory so they are doing a complete do-over...I don't even understand what Windows Blue is supposed to mean...is it Windows 8 SP1?...very strange tactic from MS

even Windows ME didn't get this type of makeover so quickly

Windows Blue is technically Windows 9 and technically Microsoft's strategy in following a yearly (or nearly yearly), Apple OSX-like release schedule.

Windows Blue is technically Windows 9 and technically Microsoft's strategy in following a yearly (or nearly yearly), Apple OSX-like release schedule.

but Windows 8 just came out 5 months ago...seems a bit early to roll out another new version (no matter how bad W8 is)...people still have W8 on their mind and are not going to jumo to 'Blue' just because it has a new name...they would have been better off waiting at least a year

but Windows 8 just came out 5 months ago...seems a bit early to roll out another new version (no matter how bad W8 is)...people still have W8 on their mind and are not going to jumo to 'Blue' just because it has a new name...they would have been better off waiting at least a year

The consensus of the rumors is that Blue will be a free update though nothing is for certain as Microsoft hasn't officially acknowledged Blue though I would think that they will have to pretty soon as it looks like it's ready testing rollout.

I was talking about IE11, it probably won't run on Vista and 7 unless Microsoft decides to release it for those two operating systems.

At most it will only be compatible with 7, IE 10 isn't compatible with Vista. I don't think that this is as arbitrary as many think that it is. IE 10 has some pretty deep hooks into Windows 8 and much of the work done on it was touch related and doesn't apply to prior versions of Windows.

So... according to this video (in order)
Same shit UI,
The same IE, this time numbered 11,
Some crap new backgrounds for the junky UI in the same junky style,
Same ugly looks,
Integration with "cloud" junk so MS have more access to your files,
Keeping of the stupid touch sliders for a mouse interface,
Maybe even more touch based crap,
Same Metro junk
Same shit store,

It's still Windows 8... this time it's a service pack with a service pack, but apparently they haven't removed as many features...

This.
So this.

Oh wow, 4 whole apps on a single screen... if it's wide enough!
That's such a major change!

/sarcasm
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

omg, my Blackberry 9550 from 2009 can run more apps simultaneously on its tiny screen.
Fail.

I was giving neither praise nor criticism, only reporting the changes I saw between Blue and 8.

Once again proving that you are [H]ard's personal Microsoft spokesman/salesman.
Don't get pissed when people treat you like you work for Microsoft, because you're totally pulling it off.

pitiful that this wasn't originally in Windows 8 to begin with, and that now this is somehow a touted feature...

wtf is up with microsoft pushing out so many half baked products these days?

At most it will only be compatible with 7, IE 10 isn't compatible with Vista. I don't think that this is as arbitrary as many think that it is. IE 10 has some pretty deep hooks into Windows 8 and much of the work done on it was touch related and doesn't apply to prior versions of Windows.

A browser has no business having "deep hooks" inside an operating system. That is just asking for trouble security wise and is a big reason why Windows has had so many security issues. That and Microsoft's fetish with running everything in kernel mode (like webservers and such).

So far, every one of these complaints has centered around the APPS not being just like desktop programs.

Um, if you want to run 8 programs at once, RUN WINDOWS PROGRAMS.

If you want one or two clean easy APPS at once, use APPS.

Why are you guys upset that apps don't work like desktop software? Whether I can run 2 apps or 4 apps at once doesn't matter one jackwit to me when I'm already on the desktop running a dozen things at once.

Being able to fire up 4 apps at once after this update... well... great I guess. Though I can't forsee why I'd ever open more than 2 now... or I'd be using DESKTOP PROGRAMS.

So sure, 4 at once is a nice feature addition but to go all "OMFG it's horriblezorz that MS didn't do this up front..." Serioiusly? Are any of you actually TRYING to fire up 4 APPS at once?!?! Come on, be honest.

A browser has no business having "deep hooks" inside an operating system. That is just asking for trouble security wise and is a big reason why Windows has had so many security issues. That and Microsoft's fetish with running everything in kernel mode (like webservers and such).

Seems like you're talking about Microsoft's security record of years ago, not its present one which many people think is good in the tech industry these days.

Deep hooks may not be the correct way to state it. IE 10/11 use rendering and touch capabilities in Windows 8 that make it very good as touch browser. Firefox, Chrome and the others simply don't work well as touch browsers yet because they are still very much desktop browsers and aren't utilizing features in 8 to the extent that IE 10/11 do to enhance their touch capabilities.

Exactly. Furthermore there is not limit on the number of Metro apps that can run simultaneously even in Windows 8, there's now more options to how many can run on screen at once and how they can be resized, which is considerably more advance than the default options on tablets these days.

Even if I could get the Start Screen to work the way I want, on a large monitor one application taking the entire screen, having flashy trendy colored backgrounds, etc. does not interest me.

The idea that Microsoft thinks people that sit down to work at a desktop wants this shit is pretty pathetic and shows you how out of touch with their customers they are. I sit down at my computer to avoid using a tablet interface. I don't want to sit down and have more of it force fed to me.

No Start button. Still not a usable desktop OS.

Yet plenty of people are using Windows 8 on the desktop with the same desktop programs they have forever without issue. There seems to be this need by Windows 8 opponents to make fantastically broad claims about its usability on the desktop.

I understand that its different, that some have issue with the full screen Start Screen, the mixing of Metro with the desktop and so forth. After 18 months of Windows 8 use I simply can't see these radical differences on the desktop, probably because I spend the vast majority of my time in applications and not in Start Screen or Start Menu.

Eww...I got blue on me.

The hate for Vista I can understand, I mean I was flipping back and forth between Vista and XP for several months until things smoothed out. The hate for 8, is something I have a hard time understanding, because there are no 'real' drawbacks to 8, just no Start button. Its like, what do you hate about 8, well it looks ugly...you know you can function from the desktop, one extra click; there is no Start button...right click in the corner where the Start button was and there is so much more; I can't turn off my PC...Google, freaken 5 seconds of your life; performance sucks...hmm, no it doesn't. Change, adapt, or die; as Pear Jam would say, "It's evolution BABY!"

Someone should tell MS that so they will stop trying to push their retarded metro shit on traditional desktops and laptops.... seriously, if I'm running "WINDOWS 8", I assume the first thing that appears when I install/run a windows 8 PC and that big start screen appears are indeed the "WINDOWS PROGRAMS" you speak of....

Windows 8 is the worst kind of frankenstein design i've ever seen in my life, I seriously doubt even microsoft understand what the fuck kind of usage model they are going for yet...

So far, every one of these complaints has centered around the APPS not being just like desktop programs.

If you want one or two clean easy APPS at once, use APPS.

Why are you guys upset that apps don't work like desktop software? Whether I can run 2 apps or 4 apps at once doesn't matter one jackwit to me when I'm already on the desktop running a dozen things at once.

Being able to fire up 4 apps at once after this update... well... great I guess. Though I can't forsee why I'd ever open more than 2 now... or I'd be using DESKTOP PROGRAMS.

So sure, 4 at once is a nice feature addition but to go all "OMFG it's horriblezorz that MS didn't do this up front..." Serioiusly? Are any of you actually TRYING to fire up 4 APPS at once?!?! Come on, be honest.

+1.

I did not really understand how anyone was comparing this to the Windows 3.0 desktop :confused: -- the Windows 8 desktop can fit as many your windows simultaneously as you please.

But can the Start Screen be disabled from starting up, or disabled all together? What about a start button to replace the Charms Bar? Cause essentially the Charms Bar is a shitty start button. The Metro UI is a shitty Task Panel.

But can the Start Screen be disabled from starting up, or disabled all together? What about a start button to replace the Charms Bar? Cause essentially the Charms Bar is a shitty start button. The Metro UI is a shitty Task Panel.

I actually run Win8 on my desktop, and it does indeed work quite well with a start menu replacement. I use start is back, which essentially hacks the windows 7 start menu into the UI, and allows the hot corners and charms bar to be disabled

Even so, the metro UI and MS's retarded design decisions still grate...... ah well, the market is speaking (see MS's share price over the last decade vs Apple, Google, etc...), despite how deep Ballmer sticks his fingers in his ears

I sit down at my computer to avoid using a tablet interface. I don't want to sit down and have more of it force fed to me.

Interesting statement. I think if there were a large and growing market of people trying to avoid a tablet interface then Windows 8 would be a significantly different product.

I don't mind the start screen, but I fucking hate the charms bar, who the fuck thinks its a good fucking idea to put a passive element into a generally active element OS. Its a fucking nightmare to get it to come up through Remote Session.

Back