Windows' automatic recovery of unsaved Paint windows - can you shut down a freezed laptop to make them reopen?

Cracko

n00b
Herro. My brand new ASUS TUF A15 laptop just recently freezed - with a ton of open Paint windows and unsaved work.
I have probably figured out the solutions to stop my PC from freezing in the future - but I wanna ask if there is a way to make Windows recover this 'hundred' of unsaved Paint screenshots and images.

Several articles from recent two years state that 'Microsoft Paint will automatically recover your unsaved images' - but so far, I have only seen this happening a few times! Namely, when Microsoft updates and force-restarts Windows.

Can you tell if there's a way to reboot this freezed laptop and make this windows reappear? Or recover them otherwise (don't know if there's some kind of temp folder, where Paint retrieves unsaved data from WHEN it auto-recovers the images. Search attempts didn't clarify that).

Wouldn't this be easily solved by _NOT_ having a "'hundred' of unsaved Paint screenshots and images " open?

I am pretty sure MSPaint keeps everything in RAM and not in temporary files when not in a special state like rebooting for an update.

Of course it would - for the future, and in general. But time was limited and things just went too fast, so I just quickly opened it up and put 'em there during all the work that went on.
I assume Paint.NET would be worth a try, if its recovery feature is way more trustworthy.

And no way to force-restart it on your own? A cold boot probably won't count.

Wouldn't this be easily solved by _NOT_ having a "'hundred' of unsaved Paint screenshots and images " open?

I am pretty sure MSPaint keeps everything in RAM and not in temporary files when not in a special state like rebooting for an update.

Again, I am pretty sure MS Paint content is in RAM until saved. There would be no temporary files. If you restart a computer with unsaved files they are gone - poof.

When a MS update kicks off a reboot I believe everything in RAM is saved down to a file, but you, the user, would not be able to trigger that (nor should you).

The autosave feature is only available in word processors and office applications. In the paint, our content can be saved if you have saved it before but in very rare cases. For this type of situation, pressing ctrl+s repeatedly while editing the content.
If we talk about the window freezing then it probably because of too much load on the CPU. If you want to check how much load your CPU has then you just need to right-click on the taskbar and then just click on task manager. A window will open in which you can see the data by which you can analyze the real-time load of your pc.

(Late response due to house-moving and days without internet).
Alright, thanks for the replies, bois/gals. Just had to do some reassurance, so sorry for the 'noob'ism' or something. Noted!

And the freezing is most surely something due to the ASUS TUF Gaming A15 model (FA506I) an issue with later AMD drivers. Several posts elsewhere have talked about this.
I wasn't quite overloading my CPU. The memory capacity of this one are rather fine.

Self-learned tip: Snagit Editor automatically stores created images and pasted screenshots before you manually save them. So even if the whole thing shuts down, electricity pops or yo' computer crashes, they are there when you open it again.

Back