Windows Activation Time Limit?

memphis_1220

Limp Gawd
Is there a way of finding a more accurate time as to when the 30-day grace period runs out?

The baloon currently says 2 days, now does that mean somewhere between 24 and 48 hours? or between 48 and 72 hours?

Is there a way of finding a more accurate time as to when the 30-day grace period runs out?

The baloon currently says 2 days, now does that mean somewhere between 24 and 48 hours? or between 48 and 72 hours?

2 days = 48 hours no?

I could rant, but I am restraining myself

Open a Command Prompt and type:

slmgr -dlv

After a few moments, a popup will appear and tell you how much time you have left in seconds. Seriously.

2 days = 48 hours no?

I could rant, but I am restraining myself

Why rant? Couldn't 36hrs - 47hrs 59mins and 59secs be round up to an even 2 days? Or 48hrs - 63hrs 59min 59secs be rounded down to an even 2days. The op wants to know exactly how much time he has left.

Why rant? Couldn't 36hrs - 47hrs 59mins and 59secs be round up to an even 2 days? Or 48hrs - 63hrs 59min 59secs be rounded down to an even 2days. The op wants to know exactly how much time he has left.

I see your point. meh, I have always thought it to be 2 days <=48 hours.

Hence the idea of an activation "grace period."

It's not a "trial period" because "trial period" implies it's free to acquire and try out, and that's simply not the case. However, Microsoft knows hardware issues are going to happen because hardware manufacturers - most notably video card makers like ATI and Nvidia, simply could not get the job done with the drivers fast enough sooo... they left the original "grace period" in the RTM builds so people would have time to get the hardware 100% functional or as close to it as possible before activating it and thereby tying the hardware to that Product Key.

The whole idea of "trial period" gets on my nerves because people seem to think "Oh hell, I'll just download it and give it a looksee..." which is obviously against many rules, including one in particular here at the forum sooo... I'll shut up now. :p

Back