Windows Activation Phone Line is Borked

WarMace

Gawd
My coworkers Dell came in today. I volunteer to format and reinstall to get rid of the craplets.

Installs fine, and activation fails. I retype the key right off the sticker and it still fails. So i proceed with activating over the phone using the number displayed on the screen, and no dice. The Microsoft Windows activation phone line plays elevator music for a moment and then goes silent.

Here try it yourself, you most likely wont go through to the robot or anyone... 1-866-740-1256 (North America)

So what do i do now? I don't want this PC leaving her unactivated.

Called it and a nice young lady answered and asked for my name and what she could help me with. Was it supposed to be automated? If so, they've already routed around that problem.

Get out your English to Farsi dictionary, take some time off work, stock up on water, canned goods and toilet paper and then call the product support line.

;)

...and don't worry, Vista will give you 3 days to activate...of course at that time the Microsoft Antipiracy Squad Special Helicopter Operations LEgionnaires (A.S.S.H.O.L.E.s) will be in position around your house...(think F.E.A.R. bad guys)

I tried from my work line and cell phone. It seems to be working again.

Normally i would be mad it wasnt working for the last 3 hours until i post in a forum, but im just glad its finally working.

Back