Windows 95 on the iPad

No tinfoil hat. I think it's possible, but I don't think this one is real judging by how the refreshing of the screen looks. I'm sorry, but I've just never seen a Windows machine (virtual, emulated, or real) refresh the screen like that. If it's real, where can I get the app? Where's the tutorial? Where's the detailed explanation? Give me just one of these and I'll believe it. Better yet, show me a video of it playing video in Windows Media Player. I'll be able to tell you instantly if it's fake or not.

Must be awfully lonely not believing anything.

All they had to do was create a Bootcamp-like app (for ARM support), then interface it with an image of Windows 95. I'm no programmer, but I think it's quite easy for anyone with knowledge of ARM processor's logic and a bit of programming skill.

Must be awfully lonely not believing anything.

All they had to do was create a Bootcamp-like app (for ARM support), then interface it with an image of Windows 95. I'm no programmer, but I think it's quite easy for anyone with knowledge of ARM processor's logic and a bit of programming skill.

Must be awfully scary believing everything. It's not that I don't believe anything. I just like to see proper proof. Anyways, after doing some research on bochs, it seems as though it's real. As for it being easy... definitely not.

I wonder if someone has made a Win95 theme for Win7. Would be kinda cool and retro.

I wonder if someone has made a Win95 theme for Win7. Would be kinda cool and retro.

1)Right click the desktop and choose personalize

2) Scroll down to basic and high contrast themes

3)Click the one that looks like classic windows

4)Optionally click window color at the bottom.

5)Revel, and then wish there was a Win3.1 theme. (or maybe that's just me)

I'm surprised that as an emulator it is still running win95 pretty fast, at least for the hardware. Very cool.

No tinfoil hat. I think it's possible, but I don't think this one is real judging by how the refreshing of the screen looks. I'm sorry, but I've just never seen a Windows machine (virtual, emulated, or real) refresh the screen like that. If it's real, where can I get the app? Where's the tutorial? Where's the detailed explanation? Give me just one of these and I'll believe it. Better yet, show me a video of it playing video in Windows Media Player. I'll be able to tell you instantly if it's fake or not.

You see how slow that cursor moves? You really think it can pull of playing video in WMP?

Take the tinfoil hat off and do some research. Its been done with iphones for some time now and all this shows is that it works with the ipad as well.

You see how slow that cursor moves? You really think it can pull of playing video in WMP?

Take the tinfoil hat off and do some research. Its been done with iphones for some time now and all this shows is that it works with the ipad as well.

Whether the video plays smoothly or not is irrelevant. It's that video on slow computers will look different than video over remote desktop. Anyways, read my previous post...

Must be awfully scary believing everything. It's not that I don't believe anything. I just like to see proper proof. Anyways, after doing some research on bochs, it seems as though it's real. As for it being easy... definitely not.

Whether the video plays smoothly or not is irrelevant. It's that video on slow computers will look different than video over remote desktop. Anyways, read my previous post...

If it lacks the power to smoothly move the fucking mouse or even open the start menu in less than 3 seconds it will NOT play video. :rolleyes: Not slow or choppy but not at all...

Not that it matters since i could probably shove an ipad with win95 in your face and you would probably still not believe it.

Win95 on the iphone is old news yet for some reason you dont believe it can work on the ipad?

Why dont you explain your reasoning so you dont just look like a crazy person?

Its perfect! Win95 didn't originally support USB and neither does the iPad....like peas in a pod!

If it lacks the power to smoothly move the fucking mouse or even open the start menu in less than 3 seconds it will NOT play video. :rolleyes: Not slow or choppy but not at all...

Not that it matters since i could probably shove an ipad with win95 in your face and you would probably still not believe it.

Win95 on the iphone is old news yet for some reason you dont believe it can work on the ipad?

Why dont you explain your reasoning so you dont just look like a crazy person?

I'll quote my previous post AGAIN, but nice and big this time. Speaking of crazy... :rolleyes:

It's not that I don't believe anything. I just like to see proper proof. Anyways, after doing some research on bochs, it seems as though it's real.

So you proved the usefulness of the test then genius. If it didn't play at all it could mean it's just extremely slow emulation and if it was choppy and skipping frames then it could mean it's remote desktop. lol

Anyways, as I acknowledged roughly 10 years ago, I know that it's not remote desktop.

Actually It didn't seem to run Win95 any slower than it did in the 486 days.

That's not props for the IPAD that's a ding on Win95..

Hampster is not a word.

Hamster (the proper spelling) on the other hand, would be a small rodent, really short tail unlike mice/gerbils, they tend to be lazier during the day than the aforesaid rodents, but are nocturnal so they will keep you up all night with that fucking wheel (This is my 8 billion dollar patent, a quiet wheel that is actually quiet).

Oh really?

http://www.hampster.com.au/

We tend to spell things correctly as opposed to lazy slurred phonetics, like hampster, colour, etc.

Do a google search, you'll find that if you put in hampster, only two results are hamster.

Now, I do realise what part of the world I am posting in, but when more than one poster says I'm wrong, well, you had it coming.

Ok, let's now move on to what I hope we can all agree on, this is 2010, and people are actually happy with, and paying a weeks wages for gimped devices such as this because of the logo? For shame human race.

My $300 netbook does that too. In fact it can run XP, Win7 or Vista or even OSX with a few hacks. And, it's got a keyboard :)

Oh really?

We tend to spell things correctly as opposed to lazy slurred phonetics, like hampster, colour, etc.

Do a google search, you'll find that if you put in hampster, only two results are hamster.

Now, I do realise what part of the world I am posting in, but when more than one poster says I'm wrong, well, you had it coming.

Ok, let's now move on to what I hope we can all agree on, this is 2010, and people are actually happy with, and paying a weeks wages for gimped devices such as this because of the logo? For shame human race.

Hey, that's unfair. Don't bring America into this. Their are stupid people everywhere. My dad who was one of the top engineers of Siemens could tell you that when he traveled.

Oh really?

And btw, hampster is spelled as hamster in america. (Damn edit)

Oh really?

from the Merriam Webster dictionary on the word "hampster"

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

now for hamster

Main Entry: ham·ster
Pronunciation: \ˈham(p)-stər\
Function: noun
Etymology: German, from Old High German hamustro, of Slavic origin; akin to Old Russian choměstorŭ hamster, of Iranian origin; akin to Avestan hamaēstar- oppressor
Date: 1607
: any of a subfamily (Cricetinae) of small Old World rodents having very large cheek pouches

Just because some illiterate fool bought a cheap domain and spelled it wrong dont mean its right... If you even read that site besides the links and titles every other time he mentions the word he spells it hamster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamster
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hamster

And based on your own flawed google example hampster returns 440,000 results while the correct spelling hamster returns over 18 million. Even your browser should have told you hampster is wrong.

Back