Windows 8 WIFI mangment

Wrench00

2[H]4U
Is there no way to see profiles made for WIFI APs? Like in Windows 7.

Also is there a way to skip WPS bullshit if you know the WPA key? In 7 you had the option to click skip and use WPA key directly in 8 there is no longer an option to skip WPS.

Common heatlessun where are you when your actually needed?

Although I am sure your going to tell me I am holding it wrong.

There is no more profile manager in Windows 8. Not sure about WPS since I turn it off on every device that has it.

There is no more profile manager in Windows 8. Not sure about WPS since I turn it off on every device that has it.

Great. I used the profile manager all the time, what happens when the password changes? Is it going to generate a new profile. Also what about certed wifi connections? I would disable WPS usually as well but what happens when its not yours?

Not really sure why this was removed but there are some freeware apps out there that do similar things:http://www.thewindowsclub.com/wifi-profile-manager-windows-8

Great so I have to install a third party app for something 7 did natively?

The more and more I use 8 the more and more MS had stealthily removed functions out of the OS.

I appreciate the answer but its not exactly an acceptable solution.

I came accross this.

Open a run box window (or press win+R) then type cmd to open Windows 8 CLI.

To see stored wireless profiles, type:

netsh wlan show profiles

This will show a list of saved profiles of your connected WLAN devices. Then you'll need to write/save/memorize the profile name that you want to change.

To see the stored key (WPA/WEP/etc) of a specific profile:

netsh wlan show profiles name=[profile name] key=clear

You'll find the key content under security settings.

To delete a stored profile:

netsh wlan delete profile name=[profile name]

This will delete the stored profile of every WLAN interface. If you want to delete the profile of a specific WLAN interface, you need to use the following:

netsh wlan delete profile name=[profile name] interface=[interface name]

This is a good alternative to perform the common actions for "Manage Wireless Network" avoiding to use third party software under Windows 8.

Hope this can come in handy!

WOW Handy.. Fuck you microsoft. You and your fucking OS for Retards.

Great. I used the profile manager all the time, what happens when the password changes? Is it going to generate a new profile. Also what about certed wifi connections? I would disable WPS usually as well but what happens when its not yours?
Forget the network and rejoin it. That is the universal answer to all of this, and Windows 8 has an easy way to do it.

Forget the network and rejoin it. That is the universal answer to all of this, and Windows 8 has an easy way to do it.

What happens if you have WPS. Still a problem. What happens with a Radius server connection or a Hidden SSID.. Not a very good solution. Its not any easier at all. Fuck even an Iphone has the option.

Back