Windows 8 - VMware Workstation 9 - Bridge Wireless??

Paully's5.0

Limp Gawd
Wondering if anyone has had success running Windows 8 using VMWare Workstation and using a network adapter bridged to a host wireless connection. Seems to be a problem with Windows 8. Windows XP virtual machines don't have any issue so I'm amazed that Windows 8 has a problem.

I need to access two separate networks at the same time. My internal LAN nic is for wired internet access. The wireless is for connection to an internal network. (I can't change to a wired connection). I'm trying to evaluate Windows 8 in a virtual environment, but not being able to get the wireless connection is causing me fur stations. I have everything setup in the virtual network editor to a custom setting, two network adapters each bridged specifically to the LAN nic and the wireless nic respectively.

Anyone else run into this? I saw a video on youtube about the same problem, but no solution.

My host machine is running Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. Dell m6600 with all the bells and whistles.

Thanks!

To really get a feel for Windows 8 (especially with the sticky corners), it's much better to create a separate partition or get a separate hard drive and dual boot. There are several things that can be accessed by moving the mouse to different corners of the screen, and you can't do that easily in a virtual environment.

I respectfully disagree. This is all happening on my work issued laptop, so going as far as adding a second hard drive and dual booting certainly will be frowned upon by the IT department.

However it would solve the wireless issue I have, yet is a solution I cannot use.

I see, well, like I said, I don't think you can get the full Windows 8 experience in a virtual environment, but if you don't have a choice about the matter, can't do anything about it.

Not really familiar with VM's, so can't really help you there.

Back