Windows 8 Users Must Upgrade To Windows 10 Now

i upgraded my 5 year old laptop from win 7 to 10, and it seemed to run worse.

my new laptop came with win10, and it feels more sluggish than win7

Hmm that odd what do have my 10 year old Dell 1440 with T4200 2GHz CPU run very good Win10 and she only got 4GB ram and PNY 256GB SSD

I run Windows 10 full time. If you can look past the idea that Windows 10 supposedly spies on us all, it's a very decent OS. If you have a multi-monitor setup like I do, Windows 10 is by far better than Windows 7 because Windows 10 allows you to have not only a taskbar and Start Menu on the primary monitor but any of your secondary monitors which makes multitasking with multiple monitors so much easier.

"Windows 8 and 8.1 don't bring anything to the table that Windows 10 doesn't."

Except my 8TB octa-tuner cablecard DVR.

Main gaming rig? Win 10.

Yes, and Intel's Graphics cards hold up the second you remove the drivers from amd's and NVidia's graphics cards. /facepalm

I thought the point of being on the bleeding edge of technology was to use it, not turn it off so we can "compare apples to apples".

Shit, what's next, demanding cards be pulled by horses?

If you would have cared to check the benchmarks.

Windows 7 boots up in 5 seconds, Windows 10 wakes up from hibernate in 10 seconds.

That is totally comparable to your no driver thing, right?.... NOT.

If I could do it over again I would have never upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have not had any major issues but I have had some issues with SLI and The Division that I never encountered on Windows 8.1
if you're having issues, wouldn't it be simple to move back to 8.1 (and if this was a recent change, you can just downgrade) or restore a back up?

Frankly, for most people, all the hand-wringing and bitching about upgrading to 10 is just banal stupidity and faulty principles.

10 is fine. Its actually quite nice.
Oh, excuse me if I don't stand in line with the rest of the sheeple.

Tell me what does W10 bring to the table? Because all I see is either worse or the same as it was in W7.

Rofl.
Can I just say I am amused at how people before Windows 10 were non-stop bitching about windows 8 and 8.1? And now after, its suddenly "Oh, 8 is quite lovely!'
Some people's children....
I still remember the incessant bitching about Windows 7, because the new UI was too difficult to use :rolleyes:

Bingo. The "I lyke 10 cuz boots fastur" gimmick falls apart as soon as you disable fast boot (resume from kernel hibernation) and compare 10 and 7 apples to apples. Without resume from kernel hibernation, Windows 10 actually boots slower than 7.

But the bigger issue is the the 10 shills and closet MSFT shareholders screaming "you just hate change" because they have no better argument, no compelling must-have feature in 10 to make a better argument with. Because there aren't any. DX12? Gamers that blind-upgraded on the promise of DX12 are going to be waiting years before developers are actually building DX12-only games.
Nah, it's because I heard this bitching with XP (somewhat justified early on), Vista (definitely that way for at least the first 8 months) and Windows 7. Every new OS from MS the bitching begins, because it's not as good as <insert name of older Windows OS>. "Oh man I can't live without the Classic Start Menu(*)" You know, the one that's 21 years old and was great in 1995 but has been an also ran since 7 (possibly Vista) for most who know how to type

If you would have cared to check the benchmarks.

Windows 7 boots up in 5 seconds, Windows 10 wakes up from hibernate in 10 seconds.

That is totally comparable to your no driver thing, right?.... NOT.

With Fast Boot turned off, right?

Nah, it's because I heard this bitching with XP (somewhat justified early on), Vista (definitely that way for at least the first 8 months) and Windows 7. Every new OS from MS the bitching begins, because it's not as good as <insert name of older Windows OS>. "Oh man I can't live without the Classic Start Menu(*)" You know, the one that's 21 years old and was great in 1995 but has been an also ran since 7 (possibly Vista) for most who know how to type

Yep. I remember people out and out REFUSING to move to Windows 7 because Windows 2000 was "more secure" and "faster".

Bullshitters gotta bullshit.

Tell me what does W10 bring to the table? Because all I see is either worse or the same as it was in W7.

Sheeple? How tell me, how many hours did it take you to find that on google?

Depends all on the hardware and support one wants or needs.

I have several Surface devices and am simply curious. There are those that say that Windows 8.1 is a better tablet OS, there are things about it that I do like in that regard over 10. But I think 10 overall is a better OS for a 2 in 1 device, with a better balance between tablet and desktop. I think the tablet side is perfectly useable, it's not really that different from Android or iOS.

In a way I prefer some of the old charms menu and some of the new, but the biggest thing for me was that when I tried 10 on my SP3 I lost all my battery life. It had a sleep time without charging of maybe 8-10 hours and usage of 3-5. The only thing different was the OS. I reverted and haven't looked back.

In a way I prefer some of the old charms menu and some of the new, but the biggest thing for me was that when I tried 10 on my SP3 I lost all my battery life. It had a sleep time without charging of maybe 8-10 hours and usage of 3-5. The only thing different was the OS. I reverted and haven't looked back.

Battery life wasn't good with 10240 on the SP3 in my experience. Recent builds seem to be better.

Windows 10 is just stupid. Forced updates for no reason that happen without your control. Spying by M$ at every turn blatantly. M$ store which is trash. Cortana.exe that ruins your mouse for many people (google it). And best of all, every update nukes all of your fixes to their garbage console OS.

Sure, take your Windows 10. I'll keep my ClassicShell and Windows 8.1 which works absolutely magnificently, that I had to buy after 10 made my mouse lag insane. I did manage to fix that, but it came back after an update, and at that point, I don't care anymore.

So, that's my legit reason for hating that OS.

With Fast Boot turned off, right?

No, it is just exactly how it is, on an ssd both of them actually boot up in under 10s, to the point that hibernate is slower and should only be used if you really need it.

Well Nilepez then you have better memory than everyone else, because i don't remember any bitching whatsoever about Windows 7. Heck, i upgraded to it in no time at all because all i heard were praises instead.

Well Nilepez then you have better memory than everyone else, because i don't remember any bitching whatsoever about Windows 7. Heck, i upgraded to it in no time at all because all i heard were praises instead.

I would agree that Windows 7 was very well accepted. But that was also a different time. Vista had failed. XP was 8 years old. Smartphones were still in their infancy. Tablets really hadn't come to the mainstream market yet.

So sure, Windows 7 was very well regarded as a desktop OS in 2009. In 2016, even if Windows 10 were regarded by its detractors as a fantastic desktop OS, better than Windows 7, would that really matter? Would everyone just scoop up a desktop only OS in 2016 and think it's awesome? Sure, maybe the folks that don't use social media or a 10th of the features of their smartphones.

For me personally, 10 has been the best OS I've used not regarding the privacy issues and downgrade of Windows Update control (though it looks like telemetry is on 7 and 8 in some form). I think we need to continuously push MS about things like that. Anyways, 10 has been solid for me and I feel productive with it. What threw me for a loop the last week is when I tried to start developing a Universal Windows Platform app (UWP XAML) with a beta version of Microsoft.Data.SQLite EntityFramework 7 (code first support). Visual Studio 2015 is really rough around the edges with the UWL XAML layout designer and especially with the weak or almost no documentation for those tools/languages. It's bad because things like that SQLite thing is their new best practice method of DB access. I see potential in it, but it's rough. I think some of the roughness still lingers in 10, which might be what some are experiencing.

I have two Macbooks on my desk. One is running 8.1, one is running 10. My workflow is virtually identical between them. If you have 8.1 and don't want to fuck with it, don't. If you want to play with 10, do. Fuck, if you're running 7, keep it up if that's what you want.

I have found Windows 8+ to be far better at working with OSX's implementation of SMB. So if you are doing Windows to Mac interactions, I would at least recommend going up to 8.

I still remember the incessant bitching about Windows 7, because the new UI was too difficult to use :rolleyes:
And? That doesn't make any of the complaints invalid. I remember too. And I also remember than many of those issues were real. Like the stupid jump menu that replaced the right click context menu. I used taskbar tweaker app, to return the regular menu, because it was more useable and productive.

Sheeple? How tell me, how many hours did it take you to find that on google?
Oh how foolish of me to expect real arguments instead of ad hominem ones.
You have some fancy kind of reverse logic at work there. How would one google a word that they don't know in the first place?

Depends all on the hardware and support one wants or needs.
Care to elaborate on that? What widespread hardware are you talking about that is not supported on Windows 7 but is in 10?
And what is the support that you get for 10, but not for 7? MS never ever gave end user support service, so what are you referring too? The forced updates that might take away or change features you were using?

And? That doesn't make any of the complaints invalid. I remember too. And I also remember than many of those issues were real. Like the stupid jump menu that replaced the right click context menu. I used taskbar tweaker app, to return the regular menu, because it was more useable and productive.

Oh how foolish of me to expect real arguments instead of ad hominem ones.
You have some fancy kind of reverse logic at work there. How would one google a word that they don't know in the first place?

Care to elaborate on that? What widespread hardware are you talking about that is not supported on Windows 7 but is in 10?
And what is the support that you get for 10, but not for 7? MS never ever gave end user support service, so what are you referring too? The forced updates that might take away or change features you were using?

"Real Arguments"?

That became impossible the second you referred to Windows 10 users as "sheeple", so perhaps maybe try not to be so much of a hypocrite?

"Real Arguments"?

That became impossible the second you referred to Windows 10 users as "sheeple", so perhaps maybe try not to be so much of a hypocrite?

Reverse logic again, really? How does me not giving an argument against W10 prevent you from arguing beside it?

Sheeple are people who blindly go with the flow without thinking for themselves. It's not an argument against windows 10 it's an argument against dumb people. And if you want to break the stereotype that many go to windows 10 without any particular reason, then you should really get yourself to produce some argument. Otherwise thanks for proving my point.

And FYI I'm writing this message on a PC running Windows 10. Yes I gave in to peer pressure too, so I'm part of the sheeple now, that's how much of an insult I meant it. That doesn't mean I'm going to pretend Windows 10 is this great thing, for the sake of self justification. I've been running it for 5 weeks now on my primary gaming PC, and I'm yet to see a single thing that would make me go: "Well that's an improvement over 7"

And why didn't I return to 7 then? Because after spending the better half of a day hunting for tweaks and hacks, I managed to make it work and look almost as good as W7 was before that. At least in the day to day department. I just don't want to spend a day with a full OS reinstall after that.

But still it surprises me all the time with something stupid. I just noticed right now that it switched back to it's default theme on it's own without any particular reason. And when I switched it to my preferred one, then it also switched the background image. And then when I changed my image to the one I wanted it automatically changed the theme color to some random color. So then I had to change the color back to the one I wanted which is not on the "MS Approved" colors list. This is just one example how inconvenient and illogical 10 is. Almost everything that is changed over 7 has similar fallacies. With your backwards logic I'm beginning to see how 10 might actually appeal to you.

And then there are the arguments me and others have given dozens of times in dozens of topics, only to be completely ignored by shills and fanboys. So I'm not giving you the opportunity here to ignore them, unless you specifically ask me to. That way you don't have the option of ignoring them.

3c56wVX.jpg

Seriously, I'm so sick of that term to begin with.

4R2SMIx.jpg

Reverse logic again, really? How does me not giving an argument against W10 prevent you from arguing beside it?

Sheeple are people who blindly go with the flow without thinking for themselves. It's not an argument against windows 10 it's an argument against dumb people. And if you want to break the stereotype that many go to windows 10 without any particular reason, then you should really get yourself to produce some argument. Otherwise thanks for proving my point.

And FYI I'm writing this message on a PC running Windows 10. Yes I gave in to peer pressure too, so I'm part of the sheeple now, that's how much of an insult I meant it. That doesn't mean I'm going to pretend Windows 10 is this great thing, for the sake of self justification. I've been running it for 5 weeks now on my primary gaming PC, and I'm yet to see a single thing that would make me go: "Well that's an improvement over 7"

And why didn't I return to 7 then? Because after spending the better half of a day hunting for tweaks and hacks, I managed to make it work and look almost as good as W7 was before that. At least in the day to day department. I just don't want to spend a day with a full OS reinstall after that.

But still it surprises me all the time with something stupid. I just noticed right now that it switched back to it's default theme on it's own without any particular reason. And when I switched it to my preferred one, then it also switched the background image. And then when I changed my image to the one I wanted it automatically changed the theme color to some random color. So then I had to change the color back to the one I wanted which is not on the "MS Approved" colors list. This is just one example how inconvenient and illogical 10 is. Almost everything that is changed over 7 has similar fallacies. With your backwards logic I'm beginning to see how 10 might actually appeal to you.

And then there are the arguments me and others have given dozens of times in dozens of topics, only to be completely ignored by shills and fanboys. So I'm not giving you the opportunity here to ignore them, unless you specifically ask me to. That way you don't have the option of ignoring them.

So to sum up, you're basically admitting you're trolling.

And you don't seem to get that I am not engaging in discussion with you from the onset because from the very beginning with your original post, you displayed a lack of wanting to have a real argument or discussion anyway

Last edited:

Tablets and 2 in 1s which are becoming a bigger mix of the new PC market.

Seriously, I'm so sick of that term to begin with.

So sad, too bad.

But granted that's got to be a new low. When did criticising W10 became equal to being a conspiracy theorist?

I'm still waiting for that elusive argument for W10 as a W7 replacement.
So to sum up, you're basically admitting you're trolling.

And you don't seem to get that I am not engaging in discussion with you from the onset because from the very beginning with your original post, you displayed a lack of wanting to have a real argument or discussion anyway

I made no such declaration, oh wait I forgot about your reverse logic.

You refuse to make a single argument, and yet keep coming back to post what exactly? Trolling.

As I predicted you ignore everything about W10 you're just fixated on some perceived insult. And you're offended. That's too bad, but I don't care. If it hurts that only means it's true.

Keep on going you're just proving my point falwlessly with your refusal to address facts.

Tablets and 2 in 1s which are becoming a bigger mix of the new PC market.

Sorry I didn't take those into account, but then why should I W7 was never intended as a tablet OS so Everything I say about W10 is about W10 as a desktop gaming / workstation OS. As when I replace my desktop OS I need a desktop OS. And not some swiss army knife, that's supposed to do everything, but in the end fails to do anything right. So yes W10 is a better tablet OS than W7, but that's like saying A Jeep is a better off road vehicle than a Maserati. But a Maserati was never supposed to be taken off road, as W7 was never supposed to be a tablet OS. So I think you made me realize. That W10 is the SUV of the OS world.

Last edited:
By default it pushes the app store too fucking hard, but I'll take care of that soon enough. Microsoft can keep its apps to itself.

Not anymore, Microsoft No Longer Allows Admins To Block Windows Store Access In Windows 10 Pro. You'll take the MS app store and you'll like it you fucking miserable worthless consumer.

This is what 'forced updates' gets you. Microsoft has retroactively removed the ability of companies to turn off access to the Windows Store in its Windows 10 Pro version: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3135657

Last edited:
Not anymore, Microsoft No Longer Allows Admins To Block Windows Store Access In Windows 10 Pro. You'll take the MS app store and you'll like it you fucking miserable worthless consumer.

This is what 'forced updates' gets you. Microsoft has retroactively removed the ability of companies to turn off access to the Windows Store in its Windows 10 Pro version: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3135657
But how are they pushing it, beyond it existing on the machine? I mean I've got it installed (and I did grab Netflix from it), but I don't see how it's pushed on me at all. Once you unpin it from the taskbar, you'll never see it again, unless you seek it out...or is there something I"m not doing that would cause MS to toss it in my face regularly (or even irregularly)?

If you explain away all of the bloatware being added needlessly to your computer, it will continue. It is inevitable that evaporation of your computer being anything but a console will continue in that direction as you continue to make excuses for letting them bring advertisements to your computer.

That's the end game. There are processes that feed advertisements already (cortana, which can't really be disabled). There's telemetry, file collection, data analysis, and who knows what else that gets sent back to microsoft. Your computer updates things and decides what's best for you.

A OS is supposed to be something that belongs to YOU, because it's on YOUR computer. By accepting Windows 10, you're starting to accept that it no longer belongs to you, and that instead it belongs to Microsoft, and thus, they are going to be able to influence your experience. They already do to a large extent, sadly. That's what makes people sheep. They don't stand up for their privacy/rights in having a free open software architecture, and eventually when it gets much worse it will be too late, since it always works like this.

If you accept incursion A.
They will give you incursion B, because it's not too much of a stretch from incursion A.
Then, seeing how you didn't bitch about incursion B, you will get C.

This is how it works, until you have advertisements (which already happens) that you can't turn off on your computer.

I remember buying something on amazon, and Cortana asked me to track it. LOL seriously? I can't believe people actually think this is a good idea.

The only way to make change is to be the change, not to make excuses, and say "oh it's not that bad."

If you explain away all of the bloatware being added needlessly to your computer, it will continue. It is inevitable that evaporation of your computer being anything but a console will continue in that direction as you continue to make excuses for letting them bring advertisements to your computer.

That's the end game. There are processes that feed advertisements already (cortana, which can't really be disabled). There's telemetry, file collection, data analysis, and who knows what else that gets sent back to microsoft. Your computer updates things and decides what's best for you.

What ads? I don't get any ads. Where can I find these ads you speak of?

A OS is supposed to be something that belongs to YOU, because it's on YOUR computer. By accepting Windows 10, you're starting to accept that it no longer belongs to you, and that instead it belongs to Microsoft, and thus, they are going to be able to influence your experience. They already do to a large extent, sadly. That's what makes people sheep. They don't stand up for their privacy/rights in having a free open software architecture, and eventually when it gets much worse it will be too late, since it always works like this.

The OS never belonged to us. You just licensed it. As for privacy, when you can prove that my privacy is being invaded, I'll worry. So far it sounds like you can turn off everything but telemetry, and I'm fine with that.

You're fine with it, okay. But they aren't. So, yea...

That said, Windows 10 kept fucking turning on my computer from Hibernation, took me a while to figure what the fuck was doing it. Because powercfg was telling me bullshit.

Oh and I keep forgettng to add this, but it really pissed me off when I first saw it... after wakng up to see my computer randomly on. The screen had a little FUCKING MESSAGE SAYIING "DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?" and the answer is FUCKING NO! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TURN ON!?

You're fine with it, okay. But they aren't. So, yea...

That said, Windows 10 kept fucking turning on my computer from Hibernation, took me a while to figure what the fuck was doing it. Because powercfg was telling me bullshit.

Oh and I keep forgettng to add this, but it really pissed me off when I first saw it... after wakng up to see my computer randomly on. The screen had a little FUCKING MESSAGE SAYIING "DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?" and the answer is FUCKING NO! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TURN ON!?
Why did it turn on?

There's a start menu option in Win 10 in the Privacy? or some settings "Display Advertisements in Start Menu" fortunately, for now, you can disable it. But I can just imagine that given Microsoft's track record of failure that will eventually be less of an option.

But how are they pushing it, beyond it existing on the machine? I mean I've got it installed (and I did grab Netflix from it), but I don't see how it's pushed on me at all. Once you unpin it from the taskbar, you'll never see it again, unless you seek it out...or is there something I"m not doing that would cause MS to toss it in my face regularly (or even irregularly)?
Something is broken with my install, too, since I haven't seen any of these things pushed on me or ads displayed, either.

I seriously doubt anyone is being harmed by anything you post to begin with :)
And what is that supposed to mean? Do you really believe that my goal is to cause harm to anyone? They claim they're right yet they refuse to produce any arguments for W10.

That's actually a pattern I see from W10 apologists. They think they can win arguments by ignoring the other side. W10 is starting to look like a religion people convert to and not an informed choice.

Back