Windows 8 Unlock Problem. Windows appear off-screen or between monitors. Heard of?

crewxp

Limp Gawd
Hey. I've been having this problem since Windows 8 RC. I'm at RTM now (official version), and I have display issues when unlocking my computer.

-When my computer unlocks (after the screens turn off and locks my computer), my windows (Browsers, Programs, Explorers) start half on one monitor and half on the other monitor. My top monitors have the windows off-screen when it unlocks.

Has anyone heard of this? I have tried different versions of nvidia's drivers, same issue.

To give a quick answer: I haven't seen this behavior yet myself. There is a chance that the behavior difference lies in the fact that I'm basing this observation on a mobile video solution from nVidia. However, I am also running DisplayFusion on the laptop. Perhaps you could download the trial of DisplayFusion and see if that helps?

The laptop is a Dell Latitude E6510 - typically on a port replicator/docking station - with dual ASUS 23" 1080p monitors. The E6510 runs an nVidia-based video card (can't recall the specific model off the top of my head).

Last edited:
Back