Windows 8 Ultra Fast Boot UEFI GOP

power off to power on, very fast. id guess a few seconds to login screen.

Do I have to update my RIVE BIOS for this to work? I don't see that option.

I'm stuck with the same as many others, about 10 seconds to post then quickly from post to win 8 total boot time is around 14 seconds now. This is with the rig in my sig.... wish I could get it goign like my tablet which is only a few seconds from cold boot. Don;t get me wrong.... I'm thrilled to be down to 14 seconds... but would love it to have that near instant feel like the tablet (acer W700) on cold boots.

the only bad thing is, the voltage control that I just got working on my card no longer works with this bios.

Hey Veedo, I ran across a UEFI GOP VBIOS update tool which may possibly be generic for "kepler" boards. I haven't any boards to test it on but if you're feeling adventurous let me know.

Maybe reverting to you're original VBIOS and trying it would be better (if it works) than throwing an odd VBIOS in there.

Last edited:
LMOA, I'm getting old Veedo, looking at too many VBIOS. For some reason I forgot your running AMD lol.

Well, looks like the AMD VBIOS, which made some claims of using a generic driver may not be so generic from what I have seen whilst the nVidia UEFI driver shows some promise. With the "nVidia" kepler update tool I mentioned earlier I got hold of an ASUS GT640 2GB to test with. Although it comes with a claim of "Windows 8 ready" it is legacy only.

The update tool was successful in updating the GT640 to a hydrid GOP enabled card so happy about that, not sure if there are any problems yet some more testing to do but looks good so far. :cool:

Sorry man, for leading you stray with nVidia. :eek:

lol! I just opened your pm and was like wth? let us know how the fastboot works for you!

Seems to be working much the same as an AMD GPU with GOP, UEFI wise. It's a pretty basic card but still can overclock with the update.

Some results with W8 and WAC
gt640.png

Back