Windows 8 shows hard drive that doesn't exist.

Windows 8 is showing a hard disk drive that does not physically exist on my system. I cannot figure out how to get rid of it. I have used Hirens boot cd, fdisk, disk part, gparted, EaseUs ect, and there are no hidden partitions or unpartitioned/formatted space.

ghostdrive_zpsekfh6j38.jpg

EASUS_zps6aldplbb.jpg

System specs:
AMD 3700+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe updated to A8N-SLI Premium bios ver 1303. 4GB DDR, Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512MB. Windows 8 64bit.

It almost looks like a virtual drive has been created. Have you ever used Daemon tools or similar to mount a drive/image to install a program perhaps?

Nope. This is on a fresh Windows install. Booted up today and started going through a recovery loop. Disk is healthy and smart status is good. Trying to reinstall and getting error 0xe0000100 after the is selection menu.

Does it show up under Device Manager>Disk drives? If so, try uninstalling it from there.

I looked and it didn't show up there. Erased the drive using hirens and was able to install windows 8 again. Drive doesn't show up anymore. I'm guessing it was probably a partition issue.

Back