Windows 8 Release Preview coming 'first week of June'

they were saying that more people are testing windows 8 than windows 7 in the same time frame....

Maybe its because 7was just an upgraded Vista. 8 is totally new and different.The biggest change since the switch to 95 perhaps.

As much as people do complain about it, Windows 8 is something quite different, Not the typical incremental upgrade that you see in big products these days and that does generate interest both positive and negative. I have the CP running on four different machines which is more than I've ever run a Windows beta on. You really have to run Windows 8 ona variety of devices to get a good feel for it.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/04/20/microsoft-windows-8-preview-usage-up-2x-from-windows-7-beta/

I'm not so sure that the issue is that "people complain about it" as it is computer geeks complain about it. Seriously, are folks downloading it to their laptops in order to beat themselves in the face with it like the monks in Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Or could it be that maybe, just maybe, there's a groundswell of users who don't equate Metro with coprophagia and who have noticed that Windows 8 is a valid update from Windows 7?

Last edited:
Back