windows 8 on laptop causing really high temps

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
so i was bored today at work, so i put win 8 on my laptop (one in sig). well i noticed it was running hot, so i loaded hardware monitor. my cpu temps are in the 60. doing nothing but using chrome my cpu usage is in the 30% and the fan never shuts off. is there some setting that i need to change?

with win7 i never checked the temps, but the system fan hardly ever turned on. battery life went from 5+ with win7 to 3 with win8. i am about to reinstall win7!!!

seems "system" in the task manager is using 27% cpu. i would do a print screen, but i dont know how...

To print screen you can do Windows+PrtScr now and it will dump an image into your default Pictures library folder.

I've seen this as well on here and there where a System task will utilize recourses for what appears no reason, seems to happen when I do in and out of sleep a couple of times, I've not seen it recently (knock on wood). Killing the process seems to have no ill effects and everything seems normal. It seems to be a known issue that I've seen talked about but I've not research it enough to know if there's a specific cause and solution yet.

i cant end the task, that option is grayed out. the process is "ntoskrnl.exe System"

well it looks like i will be going back to win 7 tomorrow

Back