Windows 8 Apps over 2 machines

I have several paid apps on my laptop. I installed Windows 8 on my desktop, both are connected to my live account. I go into the store on my desktop and select "Apps installed on [My Laptop]" but none of my paid apps are there?

Anyone have any idea on how to get your apps on another machine?

Should be able to install it on up to 5 PCs.

Install your apps on more than one PC
Once you get an app from the Windows Store, you own it and it's yours to install on up to five PCs, whether it was free or you bought it. You can go to Your apps in the Store to install your apps on other PCs, view all of the apps you own, and see which apps are installed on your PCs. Here's how:
Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/install-apps-windows-store#1TC=t1

Contact support, I would guess is your other option. Maybe someone else here knows more than I do.

No, after talking to the MS support guy, we determined that it was because I changed my Windows Live ID and downloaded these apps on the old one. Even though I transferred my billing info, my xbox live account and DLC, my MSDN account and my windows 8 machines, my Win 8 apps did not follow.

I spent over an hour on the phone trying to get them to give me a solution but they kept passing me over to someone else. After wasting an hour of cell phone minutes, I hung up and shot them an email today. We'll see what happens.

Welcome to MS tech support. We will take your 360 bucks but we will make sure that the experience is the MOST UNPLEASANT thing you will ever encounter and never call us again to give us money.

Well after 2 calls to M$ and 3-4 chats on their site... the final solution was to refund the money so that I can rebuy the app on the new live ID. Not very elegant. They should probably fix that. I mean my xbox DLC came with the live account transfer... why not the Win8 apps??? Oh well. At least I got it done.

The Windows store is very much a 1.x experience right now. One of my machines suddenly became unable to download updates or apps. At the rate Metro apps are updated these days my counter on the store tile was rapidly approaching double digits. After digging around on the internet it turned out that somehow or other a folder named "AUInstallAgent" had been deleted from my Windows folder. Creating a new folder, naming it that and rebooting immediately fixed the problem, but I'm still wondering how the folder was deleted in the first place.

Back