Windows 8.1 issue

jbltecnicspro

[H]F Junkie
Good morning, fellow [H]'ers. I'm having a problem with my OS that I can seem to find on Google. Basically what happens is that if I don't do anything for like a minute on my computer, the screen goes blank. And when I move the mouse, the logon screen comes up. Now obviously, the first thing I checked was to see if my screen saver was enabled. It isn't. Not only that, but I don't have any power saving modes on either. I'm kind of stumped as to what's going on. Anyone here have an idea of what I can do? Thanks!

Back under screen saver Settings, did you make sure "On resume, display logon screen" was unchecked? That's about the only thing I can think of.

Don't mean to make you paranoid but that also happens when another device is trying to log in with your account credentials. Also, if you have Win8/8.1 Pro, check if remote log in is toggled under PC info > remote settings.

Back under screen saver Settings, did you make sure "On resume, display logon screen" was unchecked? That's about the only thing I can think of.

It's unchecked.

Don't mean to make you paranoid but that also happens when another device is trying to log in with your account credentials. Also, if you have Win8/8.1 Pro, check if remote log in is toggled under PC info > remote settings.

Hehe. Trying to freak me out? No, it's not set to allow remote ins. Not really sure what's going on here... :confused::confused::(

Go to the control panel - User Accounts - User Accounts - If there is a reset security policy settings on the left, click that, reboot and it should take care of it. I have to do that whenever I setup an exchange account in the Modern Mail App.

Go to the control panel - User Accounts - User Accounts - If there is a reset security policy settings on the left, click that, reboot and it should take care of it. I have to do that whenever I setup an exchange account in the Modern Mail App.

Thanks! Man I love this forum. Hopefully this fixes it. ESV Bible online is a good place to test. :cool:

Search for "Sign-in options" in the Search Charm. There should be an option at the bottom that changes if a password is need from sleep or the monitor being off.

Thanks! Man I love this forum. Hopefully this fixes it. ESV Bible online is a good place to test. :cool:

You are welcome and thank you. If that it the solution, great. :D It took me months to come across that solution to my problem. If that does not help, what Heatlesssun said above may also help.

Just did some reading and thank you - the screen hasn't gone dark since the reboot. Awesome. What a seemingly arbitrary fix! :)

Thank you, I had this same problem and I didn't now how to fix it, now I'm a 100% happier with my OS :D

Back