Windows 8.1 forgets WIFI passwords

Whach

[H]ard|Gawd
So this issue has been bugging me for weeks now. I've tried looking into everything i can but no solution. No new software has been installed, the driver has remained the same, nothing changed on the router end etc.

It just refuses to remember a password for any new wifi networks, but still remembers existing ones. Its like it wont allow another wifi profile to be stored.

So then I cleared all the wifi profiles by manually forgetting them, and now the all of the networks require manual password input each time i connect to it!

I even tried this but it also failed.

This is driving me batty! any help is very very greatly appreciated.

Yup. Removed and added again for many WiFi spots without success. And to think I was getting used to windows 8.1

Yup. Removed and added again for many WiFi spots without success. And to think I was getting used to windows 8.1
That usually works for me on my laptop with Windows 8.1u1-- deleting the profile and re-adding it. I used to have the same issue as far back as Windows XP, so not surprised honestly that this issue has remained this long up to 8.1.

Hmm, I'm trying to think of another solution.

Other things I could think of is completely uninstalling the WiFi drivers and installing an updated one if there is one available.

I'll check around Google to see if I can find another solution.

That usually works for me on my laptop with Windows 8.1u1-- deleting the profile and re-adding it. I used to have the same issue as far back as Windows XP, so not surprised honestly that this issue has remained this long up to 8.1.

Hmm, I'm trying to think of another solution.

Other things I could think of is completely uninstalling the WiFi drivers and installing an updated one if there is one available.

I'll check around Google to see if I can find another solution.

Thanks! I'll try again in any case - maybe something fix itself by magic.

Back