Windows 8.1 64-Bit OEM Full-Version 88.00 Shipped Frys.com

Hellbent88

Limp Gawd
I know lot of you don't like 8 compared to 7, but I like it and games run better on it. best price I have seen. Not pro version, but only need pro it if you need media center. correct me if I am wrong.

Link

if it's OEM, aren't they required by law to sell some piece of hardware with it? HDD? CPU or something?

or have the laws/licensing changed in the past few years?

if it's OEM, aren't they required by law to sell some piece of hardware with it? HDD? CPU or something?

or have the laws/licensing changed in the past few years?

Nope can walk right in to frys and buy it, have one here in Indy. but I think its suppose to be by a computer builder if I am not wrong. never had a problem activating the oem version. I think you just don't get the warranty that you do with the full version.

I think the Pro version lets you host a RDP session and let's you connect to a domain

that is fantastic..... but i dont think i own 1 machine with w8 on it with a DVD drive :(

Not a bad price if you want 8. 7 keeps going up in price and at most places costs more then 8 due to supply/demand.

I bought windows 8 back when it first came out it was like some 14.99 deal as an early adopted. Can I just reinstall that version and through updates get up to the newest version? Or is kind of like a windows 8 a version whereas the new windows 8 is the b version?

a
I bought windows 8 back when it first came out it was like some 14.99 deal as an early adopted. Can I just reinstall that version and through updates get up to the newest version? Or is kind of like a windows 8 a version whereas the new windows 8 is the b version?

Don't remember them offering that kind of price. I got the upgrade from 7 to 8 for I think it was 40.00. but as long as you have your 8 key you should be fine. Even though mine was a upgrade I still did a fresh install with no problems. yes you can get 8.1 as a update if you have just 8

Last edited:
a

Don't remember them offering that kind of price. I got the upgrade from 7 to 8 for I think it was 40.00. but as long as you have your 8 key you should be fine. Even though mine was a upgrade I still did a fresh install with no problems. yes you can get 8.1 as a update if you have just 8
It was $15 as an upgrade version to Windows 7, but for the longest time they didn't verify if you had a Windows 7 license and it would install just like full.

I bought a couple and figured I'd use it when Windows 8 was actually better than Windows 7... still waiting, lol! And I'm typing this from my Windows 8 HTPC only because its the one computer I've been too lazy to roll back to Windows 7.

Its not so much that Windows 8.1 sucks, but you have to constantly ask yourself... why the hell am I using this instead of Windows 7? What does it do better?

Yes. The next version of Windows you will need to pay for will not be until Windows 9. :) Just make sure you install all the updates and then once that is done, Windows 8.1 will be available in the store. (No, you do not have to have a Microsoft account to get it at all if you do not want one.)

When you reboot, just unplug your network connection and it will use your local account if that is what you want. (This is once 8.1 is installed that is.) Install, update, enjoy. :)

Thanks for the answers, I might give 8 a try again, it only lasted a few hours the first time.

Its not so much that Windows 8.1 sucks, but you have to constantly ask yourself... why the hell am I using this instead of Windows 7? What does it do better?

Depends on how one uses Windows 8.x and on what kinds of devices. The point of emphasis in 8.x wasn't the desktop, well all know that, and if all one is interested in is using desktop apps then there's little that 8 offers over 7. However I think 8 is a more responsive is pretty nifty on tablets. And there are a number of modern apps I use even on the desktop with keyboard and mice. Mostly some games and content viewing apps. But when I use my only personal Windows 7 machine, my main gaming system, I'm starting to feel I've lost some capabilities with the modern apps. All of my social network access is through modern apps now, along with Netflix, Hulu, etc. The web sites are generally ok but some of these modern apps are better than the website, like Tweetium for Twitter.

Back