Windows 7RC release May 5th?

Upon further research, apparently it was another "slip" on MS's part, publishing a page too early.

Oh well, hopefully May 5th really is the public date!

After the deal with Vista being "rushed" after so many end users asked for it to "just be released already", I'm not in favor of ANY rushing of Win 7. Win 7 has to be polished and nearly perfect, and I mean PERFECT, or it will face the same fate Vista did.

So they can bring it when they bring it - and not rushed at all by end users.

After the deal with Vista being "rushed" after so many end users asked for it to "just be released already", I'm not in favor of ANY rushing of Win 7. Win 7 has to be polished and nearly perfect, and I mean PERFECT, or it will face the same fate Vista did.

But we're talking about RC here, not RTM. I want the damned RC already! lol

I fully agree with you.

I hope Windows 7 remains as speedy as it is now, I remember running Vista Beta on my P4 w/512mb of ram and it was alright. But then when the retail version came out... Things weren't as fun.

Back