Windows 7 - "You don't currently have permission to access this folder" issue.

CLock3

Gawd
I seem to be having an ownership issue with just one of my folders, and I'm not sure why. Mainly I just want to know how to fix all of the subfolders at once though. I keep all of my documents and everything on a seperate HDD from the OS HDD. Well, I recently switched from the Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 Pro RTM, and now I'm having problems accessing the 'My Pictures' folder that resides on my "Documents" drive. It's weird, because I didn't have any issues when going from XP to the W7 RC.

Anyways, when I first went to open 'My Pictures' I got the dialog box saying "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click continue to permanently get access to this folder." Well, I went ahead and got that folder to work. The problem is, every single folder in 'My Pictures' and every sub-folder gives me the same thing. Being that I have probably 100's of folders in there, I can't sit here and click through every folder and set it up so I have permission to access it.

Long story short, I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to set the entire 'My Pictures' folder and all of it's subfolders at once so that I have permission to access all of them.

I looked around the net a bit, and I came across some stuff to do in Command Prompt, so I did it on my Documents drive, and it said it was successful, but it didn't do anything to the contents within it I guess, since I still have the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate it. :)

Nevermind. Just saw that there's an option at the bottom of one of the dialogs that you check to apply the settings to all of the subfolders and contents.

Sorry about that. :D Thanks anyways.

Back