Windows 7, windows unresponsive or lagging

therealjustin

Limp Gawd
Everytime I boot my computer the nVidia driver experiences an error with an ID number of 7016 with this report "The NVIDIA Display Driver Service service has reported an invalid current state 32". I have also experienced strange delays in video response in Windows 7 when scrolling or opening and closing windows. I used Windows 7 Beta and the RC and these versions along with nVidia drivers that were available at the time didn't have any of these problems. One specific problem is when I try and download new themes from Microsoft for Windows 7, after installing a few the window will freeze. First open the Personalization window by right clicking on the Desktop. Then, with that window open download a few themes from here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/personalize

A new window will pop up and eventually the old Personalization window that's now in the background will be unresponsive. Everything can be hovered over and it can be moved but you can't click on anything.

I can't help but blame nVidia. Is anyone else having these kinds of problems?

Are these the drivers Windows downloaded through WU or did you download them through the nVidia site? May want to try the other of whatever you did?

Back