Windows 7, what works and what doesn't

Well I just went up one notch and it still not allowing my gadgets to open. I can see the list of my gadgets but none of them will open.

I don't want to turn on UAC because its really annoying.

Then don't come bitching about malware/viruses/etc being installed or settings randomly changing or applications installing all because you were too lazy to click a Yes or No button.

Again, if anything fucks up for you it's not Windows 7 fault. I'm sick of people bitching about Windows not having enough security, and then when Microsoft introduces the best security method people get their panties in a twist because they have to suddenly take responsibility.

LOL jon55 you need to relax. I have never complained about its security I am just trying to get it Gadgets to work and for your info UAC is actually turned on right now. Also I am not one of those people that blames Windows when something gets messed up.

LOL jon55 you need to relax. I have never complained about its security I am just trying to get it Gadgets to work and for your info UAC is actually turned on right now. Also I am not one of those people that blames Windows when something gets messed up.

Sorry, didn't mean to target you personally. Just kind of ranting. :) In any case, make sure you send Feedback if nothing works out.

Oh no worries jon55 I know where you are coming from. I have noticed Windows 7 that a lot of things don't want to open. Like the most common things are that when I try and open the Games folder in my All Programs there is a freeze for a second. Another thing is that if I have a browser taking up the whole screen and have a window in the back and try to make it show up in front of my browser it will not show up and have to actually minimize firefox to actually see it. Then finally the Gadget thing that won't work anymore. Other than that I like windows 7 especially the toolbar.

I'm not sure if this is a bug (not even sure if I posted about it here in the past), but I've found that if you install 7 on a second HD without your current OS drive attached, then reattach the vista drive and finally choose to boot the 7 drive, it screws up the vista install.

The reverse was not true.

This first happened about a month ago...I'd pulled the 7 drive and work kept me from messing with it. Tried again 2 days ago, and the vista drive starts to boot and then dies on drivecrc.sys (or something like that).

I'll restore from a backup image win time permits (luckilly I pretty much mirrored my Vista progs for 7, so not a big deal using it instead).

On an unrelated note, I've found that mkv files in WMP crash pretty regularly. They don't in MPC, but MPC has aliasing issues that are not present in WMP (or in MPC under Vista).

I also had an interesting bug earlier when my Mouse battery was low for a day or so.....Ihad roughly 6 low battery icons in the tray popup menu....the only way I could get ride of themwas to kill the logitech driver....it could be a Logitech issue, as I think that is a beta driver.

Back