Windows 7 Search Quirk

Snowknight26

Supreme [H]ardness
So I recently tried to search for some files in my music collection, but I found the results a bit strange.

2hhkvsz.png

2r2vkft.png

As you can see by the two searches above, search #1 yields tons of songs incorrectly, as Explorer isn't picking up the metadata but when you check the file properties, its all there.

Search #2 on the other hand searches correctly but only finds one song.. one of the only songs that Explorer can read the metadata from as seen in the details pane.

Tried rebuilding the index, doing the indexing troubleshooting (where it said nothing was wrong), so I'm leaning towards this being a bug. Anyone else run into this issue (on build 7100 for that matter)?

Edit: Just checked both files in Mp3tag and they're both ID3v2.4 (ID3v1 ID3v2.4), which solves my other issue of WMP12 cutting fields short. Guess only ID3v2.3 and below are supported, but that's getting a bit off topic. ;)

Apparently Explorer doesn't show the metadata when doing a search. If I browse to the folder and click once a file, the metadata shows up in the details pane.

Last edited:
Back