Windows 7 recommended hardware

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys ive got a car pc setup which currently has windows xp which has been smooth so far but ive run into a problem. Im not able to use a2dp prfile with bluetooth because of windows xp, though i knowit will work fine on my windows 7 laptop so im considering upgrading my carpc to wndows 7.

Im wondering if the carpc will be able to run windows 7 without being slow. Also how will the speed be in comparison to running xp.

Matx motherboard
Amd sempron M 3000+
256mb ddr memory ( i am upgrading to 1gb regardless what os i use but maybe 2gb for win7, what do you guys think?)
Onboard graphics (though i have an older 128mb offbrand vga card i could use)
Laptop harddrive 5400rpm

Thanks

Edit: this is a socket 754 setup

Last edited:
If you put in at least 1GB you should be OK but I would go with 2GB. You will likely (99% sure) have just basic UI.

What do you mean by OK?

As in im sure i can run windows 7, but if it would be significantly slower i could live with out it.

What do you mean by basic ui. Would i be able to turn down the highly intensive graphics of windows7 in its menu?

Thanks for the reply

What do you mean by OK?

As in im sure i can run windows 7, but if it would be significantly slower i could live with out it.

What do you mean by basic ui. Would i be able to turn down the highly intensive graphics of windows7 in its menu?

Thanks for the reply

It won't have the fastest response times in the world. Boot times might be longer. You won't have the transparent glass UI; it would turn itself down (rather than you having to do something about it).

Upgrading to a new OS with a fairly old PC doesn't fair too well. I really don't think it's worth it unless you're willing to ditch the old parts (or convert over to a newer Linux distro) & build a new PC with Windows 7 in mind.

Back