Windows 7 Pro x64 crashes when watching flash videos in full screen

Superhuman

[H]ard|Gawd
Any time I make a flash video (youtube, megavideo, etc.) go to full screen mode, my system slows to crawl and eventually locks up. I googled my situation and saw some other people are having the same problem but I couldn't find a solution. Any help is appreciated!

I'm using the latest drivers for everything and have Windows fully updated.

Have you tried checking in Task Manager when this happens and seeing if any processes are freaking out (browser, Flash player itself, something unrelated)? I've not seen this on my end, and would love to know where to look out for it in the event it does occur.

Have you tried checking in Task Manager when this happens and seeing if any processes are freaking out (browser, Flash player itself, something unrelated)? I've not seen this on my end, and would love to know where to look out for it in the event it does occur.

Once it starts working at a crawl, it locks up before I can get into task manager.

My friend used to have that problem with SLI. We resolved it by adding firefox and ie to the Nvidia Control panel > Program Settings and changing SLI performance mode to single-gpu. This was about a year ago and may have been resolved through updates since then.

Flash 10 also locks up randomly for me sometimes when in the background, although it happens less with the latest version.

Ever get this problem fixed? Having the same problem on an AMD/ATI setup with Win7 64 Pro.

I deselected use hardware acceleration inside Flash settings. Seems to have alleviated the problem. YMMV

Any time I make a flash video (youtube, megavideo, etc.) go to full screen mode, my system slows to crawl and eventually locks up. I googled my situation and saw some other people are having the same problem but I couldn't find a solution. Any help is appreciated!

I'm using the latest drivers for everything and have Windows fully updated.
I've had this problem on a few occasions.

One time this happened because the motherboard I was using (750i FTW) had a cpu corruption bug that needed a bios update to fix it

Once this happened due to old gpu drivers.

I've also had numerous issues with Flash 10.1. Don't use it (at least with non-IE). Hell, all non-ie flash is buggy as shit. Just go with the most recent version of flash 10.0. It's still going to crash but at least if your on FF 3.6.4, the browser won't crash, you'll just get a little box saying Flash has crashed. Coincidently, FF has not crashed once since I've updated to 3.6.4 but Flash crashes all the time. Who would of thunked? I always thought FF was just buggy.

I've had this problem on a few occasions.

One time this happened because the motherboard I was using (750i FTW) had a cpu corruption bug that needed a bios update to fix it

Once this happened due to old gpu drivers.

I've also had numerous issues with Flash 10.1. Don't use it (at least with non-IE). Hell, all non-ie flash is buggy as shit. Just go with the most recent version of flash 10.0. It's still going to crash but at least if your on FF 3.6.4, the browser won't crash, you'll just get a little box saying Flash has crashed. Coincidently, FF has not crashed once since I've updated to 3.6.4 but Flash crashes all the time. Who would of thunked? I always thought FF was just buggy.

I guess your mileage may vary. I've not had any problems with 10.1 on any 3 of my computers (two in sig and laptop with GMA 4500HD). But in any case, Adobe recently launched a newer version of 10.1 which is now a release candidate rather than alpha or beta.

I had this problem only when using a "dual head" configuration with my TV out and my monitor displaying at the same time on my old Geforce 9400GT.

Doing this, and trying to fullscreen a flash video will always freeze the system. If I disconnect the TV, and return to just my monitor it works fine...

I'm not sure if I still have the problem saince swapping to a Radeon 5750, as my new board doesn't have an Svideo/composite out.

I deselected use hardware acceleration inside Flash settings. Seems to have alleviated the problem. YMMV

This worked for me as well, but videos are all blocky now when in full-screen mode. Oh well, at least it doesn't lock my system up.....

Back