Windows 7 Pro - Full $29.99 for students Ends 1/05/10

They'll let you re-activate it if you call. Just say the first install crashed, or that you've upgraded your hardware and need to activate again. Microsoft has always been super nice to me and helpful whenever I've needed to reactivate something. Done it many times when re-building machines. I've never lost a license's use unless I physically lose the key somewhere.

Still a deal.

What would be killer is if they would still sell Home Premium for $30 and Pro for $65 or something to that effect. $65 for pro is still outstanding, but many students don't need pro if all they use campus internet for is WiFi.

I ordered windows 7 on the 4th but I still haven't received an email. Are they suppose to email you the key or what? All they gave me over the phone call were just confirmation numbers I think, unless I'm suppose to use these numbers to download it.

I ordered windows 7 on the 4th but I still haven't received an email. Are they suppose to email you the key or what? All they gave me over the phone call were just confirmation numbers I think, unless I'm suppose to use these numbers to download it.

Call them, I got an email instantly

Call them, I got an email instantly

Same here. I posted here earlier about how I signed up, purchased, downloaded, and installed on my wife's laptop in about 2 hours. It should all be one package deal. I think you are missing something in the deal or the site.

They'll let you re-activate it if you call. Just say the first install crashed, or that you've upgraded your hardware and need to activate again. Microsoft has always been super nice to me and helpful whenever I've needed to reactivate something. Done it many times when re-building machines. I've never lost a license's use unless I physically lose the key somewhere.

Has anyone had to do this yet?
I only ask because when I spoke to customer service guy he said it was a one installation deal, one install for one motherboard basically. Like an OEM.

I only ask because when I spoke to customer service guy he said it was a one installation deal, one install for one motherboard basically. Like an OEM.

I doubt he understands what he's talking about.. $200 bucks for a once time install is rediculously TOO HIGH! What he's talking about is like a disposable OS. hehe

I'm sure he just means if you change your hardware like the motherboard you cant reinstall.. though i'm sure you can call them and just say your motherboard died and you had to install again and just act dumb about it and you'll be fine.

I'll let you know as soon as I try it. I'm about to "move" it to another laptop. Changed my mind of which computer I wanted it on.

Back