Windows 7 Pro - Full $29.99 for students Ends 1/05/10

Do you have to be an active student? I've done a couple years of community college but am not currently going to school. I can still log in to my email though so I put it in and they sent me the link. I added the 64-bit to my cart and can download it. Anybody know if you have to be currently attending classes?

They will never check - can, but they won't.

Do you have to be an active student? I've done a couple years of community college but am not currently going to school. I can still log in to my email though so I put it in and they sent me the link. I added the 64-bit to my cart and can download it. Anybody know if you have to be currently attending classes?
if you have a regular edu address then that all that matters. as long as you arent dumb enough to tell them that you are not in school at the moment then of course it will work. do you think they are going to call or come to your school and check on you or something?

can someone help me out? really would like a copy and need help. PM me if you could maybe help a guy out. thanks

Let your conscience guide you, not some ridiculous threats of what "could" happen from guys like Red Shirt.

Wow...I apologize if anyone felt threatened by anything I posted. I did want to make the program clear to those people who had questions and wanted to deal honestly with both the Windows 7 and Office 2007 deals.

Go ahead...try it. Just make sure to let me know what happens so I can laugh at you.

I don't need to try it, as I have a legitimate copy and no need to try to obtain money that isn't entitled to me. I DO how ever know a few people who have done it many times and have gotten away with it.

My wife just called in and tried to order, but was told they had no more physical copies of Home Premium or Pro.

We have to do the download option, and the Upgrade only. That's what we get for waiting.

I just got off the phone with them after several hours of getting the run around, it was a huge mess.
Two reps told me it was over with. Then I called back started over and got a person who knew what they were doing and it was painless and done in 5 min.

As of 5:40 EST Jan 4th I was able to get the download version of win 7 pro, full install.

I'm not sure why you got stuck with the upgrade. Running out of physical copies I understand but the digital download shouldn't be a problem.

Strange. They directed us to win 7 4 1 dot com (no spaces). Clicking on 'Shop' there just redirects to Digital River, and the only shopping options I found there were for Home Premium Upgrade and Pro Upgrade.

Not a big deal either way as she has a previous version of Windows on her laptop. Interesting that you got a full version download.

just ordered mine. The CSR was extremely easy to work with and took all of 10 minutes. Total cost for the full version to of Win 7 home Pro 64bit was 36.89 with s&h and tax.

Chaching.

Climber, were you able to order the DVD version, or the digital download?

nvm...S&H, guessing DVD.

Well that sucks.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, I didn't refute him as I thought this might be some wacked out version of the full retail made for students.

I guess we'll see as people with this version start making new builds.

For this reason I'm just going to wait until I finish my build to buy W7. I may switch motherboards within the year, not being able to use this OS after that is useless to me. I'll just watch the forums for a OEM version of W7U at a cheap price.

Have any of you had luck with this without having a .edu email address? My school (Pasadena City College) is even on their list of included schools on the Ultimate Steal website, but PCC no longer has any form of student email. I even scanned and emailed a copy of my school I.D. and class schedule as the Ultimate Steal website suggests, but I never heard anything back and that was well over a month ago.

Can the key be used on multiple home machines? I don't want to have to download one for my laptop and pc.

Thanks

Can the key be used on multiple home machines? I don't want to have to download one for my laptop and pc.

Thanks

It's not intended for that.

In regards to me getting full they directed me to the same site as you then I called back to purchase. I couldn't get the full pro from the site, only the upgrade. When I called I could get the full.

Well I just ordered mine. I was told they were out of DVD's for the Student Pro; they did, however, have DVDs for the Upgrade. However, they did have the option of getting the Pro version as a download, so that's what I did. I didn't download or do anything with it yet; I just see that I got the confirmation email with product key. I was told to go to website store.microsoft.com and use the product key there to get it.

Seems pretty cool to me -- I'm not very much worried about the lack of a physical DVD -- I can just burn my own dvd from the download, can't I?

Oh, also, the guy told me they would keep a record of my purchase for 5 years so I could just download it again in the future. I am even allowed to go back and try the different version 64 vs. 32 bit. I asked him specifically about that: if I get the 32 bit now and later want to install the 64 bit, then can I? And he said yes; just uninstall the first one and re-download.

Oh yeah, also they're offering the Office Ultimate (I think) for 59.99 as well. Also ends today. I didn't get that, though...

Anyway we the people who dont go to college can get this?
Id love Home or Pro 64 bit for the $30. (having both ver. would be awesome tho)

Is it wrong of me to ask on the forums if anyone is selling? (full)

Anyway we the people who dont go to college can get this?
Id love Home or Pro 64 bit for the $30. (having both ver. would be awesome tho)

Is it wrong of me to ask on the forums if anyone is selling? (full)
well you have to know someone with an edu address if you arent a student. I doubt anyone will be selling their copies since it was only one per person.

well you have to know someone with an edu address if you arent a student. I doubt anyone will be selling their copies since it was only one per person.

Reselling is against the terms of the license. I'm not going to go as far as some folks here and suggest that Microsoft will hunt you down and sue you if you do so, however...

Reselling is against the terms of the license. I'm not going to go as far as some folks here and suggest that Microsoft will hunt you down and sue you if you do so, however...
how is it reselling it if it was never opened or installed a problem though? its no different then buying it as a gift.

I finally bought W7 Pro yesterday. Burned it to a dvd and installed it today. When I installed it it installed just like my retail version of Vista Ultimate. I booted up through the burned disc, formatted mt C: drive, and installed. Activated just fine... Retail version I guess?

Was able to purchase Windows 7 Pro Full version at 9 PM PST. They didn't have any retail copies, but I didn't want one anyway. Digital copies are fine by me.

Took about 15 minutes to order though, the rep had a hard time understanding me (was a foreign rep).

Here's my story today regarding Office Pro. I asked one of my fellow teachers that teaches an evening class at a local university to Dload Office for me and I would reimburse him for the costs. So today at lunch we grabbed a 4Gb jump drive, popped it into one of the office computers and essentially purchased Office Pro. Our office lan speed was going to take 31 minutes to dload the file, great! So we were munching lunch and letting it dload to my little pocket drive. Oh Cool! My friend checks on the dload and lo and behold there is another teacher at the computer checkin her freakin email...Whah !
Buddy asked did you see the dload progress box. She replies I didn't think it was important and I needed to check my email so I canceled it. My bud used every bit of his composure to keep from yelling at her. Had I not opted for the DVD also I would have been out 60 bucks. Now I have to wait for the CD............sheeeeeit

how is it reselling it if it was never opened or installed a problem though? its no different then buying it as a gift.

You aren't allowed to sell it, regardless of whether it was installed, opened, or even looked at or not. Giving it as a gift should be fine, however, provided that the person you are giving it to is a student as well. The license clearly states that it is a STUDENT LICENSE.

You aren't allowed to sell it, regardless of whether it was installed, opened, or even looked at or not. Giving it as a gift should be fine, however, provided that the person you are giving it to is a student as well. The license clearly states that it is a STUDENT LICENSE.

Where do you see anything about a student license? They sent me a full retail packaged copy of win 7 pro.

I took advantage of this with my student e-mail address.

I just checked win[sevenfourone].com again and it looks like it's still working - so if you haven't jumped on this deal, get to it!

Last edited:
Here's my story today regarding Office Pro. I asked one of my fellow teachers that teaches an evening class at a local university to Dload Office for me and I would reimburse him for the costs. So today at lunch we grabbed a 4Gb jump drive, popped it into one of the office computers and essentially purchased Office Pro. Our office lan speed was going to take 31 minutes to dload the file, great! So we were munching lunch and letting it dload to my little pocket drive. Oh Cool! My friend checks on the dload and lo and behold there is another teacher at the computer checkin her freakin email...Whah !
Buddy asked did you see the dload progress box. She replies I didn't think it was important and I needed to check my email so I canceled it. My bud used every bit of his composure to keep from yelling at her. Had I not opted for the DVD also I would have been out 60 bucks. Now I have to wait for the CD............sheeeeeit

Can't you log back in and resume the download?
Pretty sure you can, give it a try and let me know. If not I'm going to make sure I burn mine right now and a backup.

I can only assume assault on school grounds is still frowned upon? Maybe if you get a tech savvy cop who might understand...

what? this is NO special student license or anything like that. this is a FULL RETAIL version and I could sell it if I wanted to and Microsoft would never know or probably even care.

There's no such thing. The only thing happening here is students using their .edu emails to get a s STUDENT DISCOUNT. I could buy it and give it to my grandmother if I wanted.

Where do you see anything about a student license? They sent me a full retail packaged copy of win 7 pro.

That's not at all what they sent me. Mine was clearly OEM, no retail packaging. Pics or it didn't happen :rolleyes:

My understanding of this was that you had to be a student in order to qualify for the discount. I know there are ways around this, but you're "supposed" to be a student. That's all I was saying.

That's not at all what they sent me. Mine was clearly OEM, no retail packaging. Pics or it didn't happen :rolleyes:

My understanding of this was that you had to be a student in order to qualify for the discount. I know there are ways around this, but you're "supposed" to be a student. That's all I was saying.
READ the title of the thread instead of rolling your eyes. its a full retail version so if you got an OEM version then thats YOUR fault for not ordering the correct product.

So I got my copy today, took me 4 hours to install because of the stupid Black Screen ordeal. But I realized that maybe it was detecting my HDTV, changed the input and bam, there was the windows installation.

But anyways, everything looks like the full retail version, I have no idea why the sales rep says this is a one computer installation. It looks like the real deal retail version.

Now they only have Pro for $65. I would go for another copy of Home Premium if they still had that for $30. I don't need Pro on my laptop.

i'd say sit back and wait. If i would have known that windows 7 was gonna be that great, i would have put it on my laptop also.

Well, i've been informed by my niece that called and ordered it that all was available at the time was the upgrade version of Win 7 pro in DVD form and i could of downloaded the FULL version only.

Had no idea of that till just now heh.

So what the hell do i do now?? On my main computer that i wanted to install this i have a dual boot of Windows XP PRO OEM and Vista Ultimate that i pad $450 for.

If i upgade either of them according to there new policy i void the old license.. I do not wish to void either of them as i still want to dual boot the computer using atleast one of them to which i dont know at the moment.

Can i just install it on a freshly formated hard drive??

Sucks, as i paid for the full version Vista last time so i could reinstall it as many times as i wanted (on the same computer) without problems.. and now have the problem when i upgraded or moved to a new motherboard.

Now i read that the license is tied to a single partiton..

HELP!!!

EDIT: After re reading the how to install Win7 upgrad fresh.. i guess option 3 is the one i want.. the double install. :) Though i'm sure when i go to upgrade the computer sometime this year i'll have a problem activating?? If i have to call on the phone and tell them i have not originally used any older software when i upgraded.. would be an issue correct?

Back