Windows 7 Pro - Full $29.99 for students Ends 1/05/10

Im going to call in to see if it can be fixed. if not then its all on me. I chose the lazy way and its only fair what happens. Im dialing as I type this.

yeay I did it. They were able to cancel the order and issue the new order on credit. I got overnight delivery for free as well as opposed to $12 which was nice to offer. They also offered me an xbox 360 game for 29.99 but I didnt want any.

Windows 7 rocks

3121450450_2cb42d5f34.jpg

I bit on the deal for a family member. I regret not googling "SLIC 2.1" before though (never used Vista) :p

I bit on the deal for a family member. I regret not googling "SLIC 2.1" before though (never used Vista) :p
When Windows 7 Pro costs 30$ for students, why is "SLIC 2.1" cool?

Oh b0yz! I gotz fr33 soFtwar3z

Just ordered mine through over the phone. No problems at all. Told them I have a Macbook, wanted to put Win 7 because some of the 3D apps I use are Windows only (which is the truth). The rep was pretty friendly, he asked if I wanted Home or Professional and shipped on a DVD or download.

Took just under 10 minutes, $32.76 shipped.

edit: Just checked the order confirmation and the rep spelled my city wrong & the phone number, even though I spelled them out very slowly. Ugg, hope it still goes through.
update: Shipped today. The city name is still spelled wrong, but I would imagine UPS will go by zip code anyway. Hoping so. If not, as long as it gets to the local UPS hub I can pick it up.

Last edited:
so where do i order the full online with my student email address? I ordered via phone already a couple months ago.

just called up microsoft, said i was a student building a pc, he asked if it was built yet and i said no, he said what is your question i said, i heard you have a student discount for windows 7 and he said that is correct, full version of windows 7 professional or home premium and i said id like professional and my total came to 31.70

YAY

Called the number. They are shipping me a full retail copy of Windows 7 Pro for $32 and change. They have free shipping right now; the two bucks is tax. Thanks OP.

They mis spelled my shipping addy(even though I spent 10minutes saying each letter carefully) sent me the backup discs...only and I paid 32.66$ I contacted them and bitched about it, now I have to resend the package back and they are sending me the full retail box.

They mis spelled my shipping addy(even though I spent 10minutes saying each letter carefully) sent me the backup discs...only and I paid 32.66$ I contacted them and bitched about it, now I have to resend the package back and they are sending me the full retail box.

What's the difference between the back up discs and the retail version?

I asked the difference and he said the back ups are not the full versions, else I would had asked for the CD key right away. Even then I want my fucking box lol, I have a huge box fetish of keeping all the products I order.

Just finished doing a fresh install and I'm one happy camper. I just DLed W7 ISO from the second link, burnt it, and installed it. No issues what so ever.

:edit: the second link is in reference to the two links supplied after you checkout.

How can I check my order's status? I ordered the retail package over the phone a few days ago seemingly without issue and got an order number. But I never got any e-mails and they never asked anything that would link it to my Live account (and thus it doesn't show). Should have I gotten a confirmation e-mail?

How can I check my order's status? I ordered the retail package over the phone a few days ago seemingly without issue and got an order number. But I never got any e-mails and they never asked anything that would link it to my Live account (and thus it doesn't show). Should have I gotten a confirmation e-mail?
yes you should have gotten a confirmation e-mail.

Just placed an order with Microsoft. Didn't even have to wait. Picked up one for myself and the guy even let me order one for my girlfriend after ordering mine.

Edit: How long does it take to get a confirmation e-mail?

Anybody bother asking them for discount on Windows 7 Ultimate full?

Would be nice to pick that up for around $30.

God I love this forum.

Just ordered my copy, got my co-workers school email address. 37 bucks and some change with free shipping.

Only problem is my coworker is Indian and so was the guy on the phone so he started asking me where my family was from and shit so I just hit him with the old "ooh please give me one second i'm at work" excuse lol.

God I love this forum.

Just ordered my copy, got my co-workers school email address. 37 bucks and some change with free shipping.

Only problem is my coworker is Indian and so was the guy on the phone so he started asking me where my family was from and shit so I just hit him with the old "ooh please give me one second i'm at work" excuse lol.
um if you got free shipping then whats the over 7 additional dollars for? surely you dont have 25% sales tax?

IF nobody posted this, you can also get office ultimate 2007 for $59.99. What I'm wondering is when 2010 coming out.

Just to confirm, i just called and ordered w7 for $30, free shipping, no questions asked. It did include tax.

I could get Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Upgrade for $34 at school. Should I get that or this deal instead? Wonder if I could get both lol.

I could get Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Upgrade for $34 at school. Should I get that or this deal instead? Wonder if I could get both lol.
why would you get the upgrade when you can have full retail version?

EDIT: just realized that the upgrade is Ultimate. I would still take full retail Pro over Ultimate upgrade.

why would you get the upgrade when you can have full retail version?

EDIT: just realized that the upgrade is Ultimate. I would still take full retail Pro over Ultimate upgrade.

agreed, thats why Im having a hardtime making a choice. I do own a retail copy of Vista Ultimate.

I don't know how to do it, but it was circulating all over the place a couple of weeks ago. Try Google.

My Experience

1. Called in, automated system picked up in about 3 minutes
2. At the prompts I pressed 2 and 2 again
3. Transferred to a very busy sounding call center
4. Told them I wanted a price match on the .edu student deal with Windows 7
5. Asked for a .edu address (gave them my old one)
6. Was asked if I wanted Pro or Home, disk or download
7. Said Pro and Disk
8. Collected shipping and billing information
9. Asked for another email to send the receipt
10. Total came to 31.79 with free shipping

Thanks OP :)

Okay, my 2 copies of Win 7 Pro came in. Yes, I said 2 copies. In my previous post I mentioned that my first order had the wrong address, so I had to order again. But instead of canceling the first order they let it go through and set me up for a return instead. They both managed to get to me without issue though. This seems to imply that you actually can order multiple copies through this deal.

I got Windows 7 Pro for 30, was a great deal. Other than the problem with my lan and Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard, it's great. I wanted to go wired, but gave up on resetting the cmos every other day or so, and just went wireless.

agreed, thats why Im having a hardtime making a choice. I do own a retail copy of Vista Ultimate.

The biggest differences between Ultimate and Pro are BitLocker and multilanguage support on the Ultimate version. If you don't need those features, go with the Pro.

From an operating system? Not really...
but it says Ultimate. lol. there are plenty of morons out there that pay out the ass to get Ultimate editions of Vista and now 7 even though they have zero need for its extra features.

Back