Windows 7 Overscan

machenti

n00b
I am trying to fix the overscan on my HDTV. Windows 7 on an Nvidia 8300 over HDMI. In the nvidia control I can go into the overscan correction screen to resize the picture. However when I hit apply it reverts back to the previous setting. I'm not sure if this is an nvidia or windows 78 issue.

What TV?

I have a Samsung A550 40"...When I was configuring inputs, I had to specifically set the HDMI input on the TV to be a PC input. After I did that, I was able to disable overscan correction and it fit perfectly. I'm using an ATI4550, though... The moral of the story is: Check the inputs first...you might not need overscan correction. :)

I have an older Toshiba DLP 46HM95. There is no overscan correction on the set I am aware of.

I know there is a history of overscan issues with nvidia which is why I'm thinking its more to do with that than windows 7.

What TV?

I have a Samsung A550 40"...When I was configuring inputs, I had to specifically set the HDMI input on the TV to be a PC input. After I did that, I was able to disable overscan correction and it fit perfectly. I'm using an ATI4550, though... The moral of the story is: Check the inputs first...you might not need overscan correction. :)

I have the exact same tv as you, you don't need to set it to pc input, there is an option under menu/picture/picture options, to select "just scan". This TV can do 1:1 mapping no problem. Or simply on the remote at the bottom, you can press the P.size button til you see just scan. The PC mode limits a lot of stuff include color calibration, so it's up to you, not sure about any input lag under other modes though, I am not a huge gamer.

Back