Windows 7 no IE8 ?

You can "uninstall" IE8 from Windows 7 natively (sounds weird but it's accurate) - just open Add/Remove Programs, click "Turn Windows features on or off" on the left hand side, then uncheck the box for Internet Explorer 8 on the list that appears. Click OK and let it remove the components and you're all set.

Not sure why people would bother with all that; it's easier just to not use it at all and install Firefox or some other browser and set it as the default one.

so what do you use to get online and get a new browser?

it says OEM can include another browser, but they have always been able to do that as the article states

For computer makers that want it, Microsoft will offer a free "IE 8 pack" that allows them to add the browser back in. It's a little more complicated for consumers who buy a retail copy of Windows 7. Because the operating system lacks a browser, there's not a direct way to go to Microsoft's Web site to download one. Microsoft aims to make it as easy as possible for folks in Europe to get the browser, though, and plans to offer it via CD, FTP and retail channels, according to a person a familiar with the situation.

i think this is going to piss of more people then it please, sure FF is popular in europe but how many people will go buy windows and OH no browser, now i need to go to the store, get IE8, probably pay some fee or get a friend to download it for me, and this will get people pissed off and NOT at their government, but at MS..

Last I heard, they are shipping a ballot screen in EU Win 7 to choose your default browser.

The N version of Windows 7 has a "ballot screen" type dialog that allows you to pick what browser you wish to use. All because the folks at Opera are jealous fucktards.

So is opera going after Apple next, i assume, it would only be fair.. i dont think it is fair that every app in apple is their own, and they get no heat for it, i dont care about market share, apple has enough cash to be a target of the EU.

Yep. Topic post links old and now outdated information. The 'European' version of Windows 7 includes IE8, and on first run of that browser presents a 'ballot screen' choice which mentions alternative browsers, listed in order of their relevent market shares, and provides links to where they can be downloaded and installed.

Back